Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Car Crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Savageduck View Post
    Yup!
    I was headed South on California Hwy 101, and had one of those fatigue head nods. I found myself heading off the shoulder to the left. I over corrected to the right, and snap-rolled a couple of times, and then slid upside-down into the hillside on the right. At that point the airbags went off and blew my right hand off the wheel and through the smashed moonroof. Unfortunately the car was on its roof and sliding, so that hand got chewed up quite a bit. Otherwise I was left hanging upside-down from my seatbelt with no other injuries other than a seat belt burn across my shoulder & chest.
    Probably jolted you awake though. (Sorry that's kind of mean but I couldn't resist)

it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

From Doune hillclimb

Spot the marshalls quick jump and YES that is the driver who climbed out and went back to look at the bank he hit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^^ Mercifully the track workers got out of the way and the driver was OK. That looked like a scary moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by 250gto boy View Post
    I'm sure all Le Mans fans remember this wreck.
    That accident was a shocker in real time, still amazes that Dumbreck wasn't seriously injured. Remember, there were TWO incidents, the first was Mark Webber flipping in practice. Seems like Mercedes' aero department would've noticed the mistakes Porsche made the year earlier at Road Atlanta. Two years later it was Bill Auberlin in the BMW V12 LMR... they really missed the lesson. At both tracks, the road was ultimately re-graded to lessen the rise.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8XxQkXCmsU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8XxQkXCmsU[/ame]
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    MPZ Race Video, very nice, i subscribed to them on youtube. They post alot of very nice historic stuff but mostly hill climbs

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    That looked like a scary moment.
    That's Doune Hillclimb and the whole run is that kind of scary.
    100mph through trees flat out with corners
    ( actually the single seaters get 120 PLUS )
    We will "lose" 2-3 cars each event

Current record holder .... if you look you can see the new boards replaced at the marshal's post
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpJ-Y-9otO8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpJ-Y-9otO8[/ame]
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 06-11-2011 at 02:17 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^ that was impressive ~

wa man that is bad ... so many classics

That's bad.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

That was at the 2005 Brian Redman Int'l Challenge, Road America.
    There's a photo page by Dick Carlson at Brian Redman Intl. Challenge 2005 Photo Gallery by Dick Carlson at pbase.com

A brief discussion of what happened (quote):

"Mayor of Dogtown:
    Today, I was with Windycity at Road America and decided to work the corners.
    Three hours in they had a smash up at the corner before mine. It was reported to
    start with there were injuries, and later it was down played to minor injuries, lets hope so.
    >>>>>>>>>
    Mr Nice Guy:
    So what happened? looks like #71 got turned around and caused the pile up maybe?
    >>>>>>>>>
    Mayor of Dogtown:
    Double yellow behind the pace car, pace car ducked in, green flag. Wham. About
    the best I can tell you. I was 500 meters away. Saw a hood fly over the timing
    bridge, smoke, some cars were on fire. Time to get the flags out, etc., call in
    on the phones. Watch our station." (end quote)

Looks like this Cobra driver (reportedly a real one) was one of those injured.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post

Looks like this Cobra driver (reportedly a real one) was one of those injured.
    I think i'm gonna be sick

same crash that took out my triumph...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Here are a few accidents I've photographed in my career.

This guy had a medical episode and went off an overpass and nearly into a creek:

This one, the black car in the background was speeding and hit this Lexus. The driver at fault told me to stop taking pictures or he'd "shove my camera up my f***ing ***"

This genius was high on dope and crossed over the median and hit the rear axles of a semi. He walked away and was arrested a week later for driving while smoking a crack pipe. Oh and both times he was driving cars that didn't belong to him (nor did he have a valid license).

This trucker and his passenger just lost control and rolled into the ditch. No major injuries.

No pics yet but ....

Lewis Hamilton 2011 season

do "marshal" crashes count ? PMSL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZmbscogQM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZmbscogQM[/ame]

Thread Information