Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Seat Leon #2
    Visca Catalunya!

THE NEW SEAT LEON SC – THE DYNAMIC DESIGN ICON

Martorell, February. - The new SEAT Leon SC carries its distinctive character with confidence. The Leon SC – Sports Coupé – is a striking three-door compact is the perfect embodiment of the SEAT design language. It brings an extra portion of sportiness to the road – without compromising everyday usability. Its functional interior, a compelling mix of excellent workmanship and premium materials, offers plenty of room for all occupants. At 380 litres, even the luggage compartment is as generously proportioned as that of the five-door variant.

“The new Leon SC is the design icon of the model line-up. It conveys perfectly the core values of the SEAT brand – design and dynamics, technology and quality, all at a fair price,” says James Muir, President of SEAT S.A. “The story of the new Leon is very closely tied to the sheer fun of driving – without the driver having to sacrifice a high level of everyday usability. We have remained true to this successful principle for the Leon SC, too – and have refined it ever further in all key areas.”

The new SEAT Leon SC is packed with high technology – this includes state-of-the-art infotainment, intelligent assistance systems, systematic lightweight design, a perfectly tuned chassis and the latest generation of engines. All engines feature direct injection with turbocharging, and combine outstanding efficiency with refined dynamics. The TSI and TDI units with displacements ranging from 1.2 to 2.0 litres cover a performance spectrum of 63 kW (86 HP) to 135 kW (184 HP). The 1.6 TDI with 77 kW (105 HP) equipped with the start/stop system has an average fuel consumption of just 3.8 litres of diesel per 100 kilometres, equating to a CO2 figure of just 99 grams per kilometre.

Just like the five-door Leon, the Leon SC is offered in Reference and Style equipment lines, as well as the sporty FR variant.

“With its slightly shortened wheelbase, the Leon SC is the sportiest and most emotional member of the Leon family. It has the feel of a sports coupé, yet boasts an astonishing degree of functionality,” says Dr. Matthias Rabe, Vice President of Research and Development at SEAT S.A. “Through a great deal of fine tuning, we have been able to combine strong sporting character and precision handling with a considerable increase in comfort and convenience. The Leon SC is a further example of how SEAT uses the technologies of the Volkswagen Group to develop cars that are uniquely SEAT.”
    Visca Catalunya!

Surprisingly stylish 3 door #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I agree, the Leon has a nice rakish air to it. And from what I gather, it has most of the high points of the Golf chassis at a lower cost. If you can live with the harder ride and lower quality interior materials.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    I agree, the Leon has a nice rakish air to it. And from what I gather, it has most of the high points of the Golf chassis at a lower cost. If you can live with the harder ride and lower quality interior materials.
    Well not necessarily a harder ride. German cars haven't exactly the most comfortable rides in the market and this generation Leon has softer suspension settings than the previous one.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well not necessarily a harder ride. German cars haven't exactly the most comfortable rides in the market and this generation Leon has softer suspension settings than the previous one.
    Gotcha. All I was going on was a poorly translated Deutsch Welle review...wish I could just watch it in German.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Gotcha. All I was going on was a poorly translated Deutsch Welle review...wish I could just watch it in German.
    What I've read about it* is that it has traded some of the sporty character of the previous generation car for a more comfortable, softer ride. A good all rounder and with much improved interior (even if still not on par with more expensive variant of the same platform).

I think it looks better than the Golf and more interesting than the Octavia, and if the A3** I drove some months ago is any indication (which I presume it is since they are essentially the same car) it is a good car to drive.

Bear in mind though that unlike the A3 and Golf, the Leon (and the Octavia) keep the torsion beam rear suspension for all versions under 180bhp. The Volkswagen and Audi go multilink in the rear for versions with engines above 105bhp.

*For normal variants, not the FR models.
    **The newer version based on the MQB platform
    Visca Catalunya!

Hmm, not the same sense I got from the DWTV review...they had the Golf, Seat, and A3 go head to head. Their impression was that the A3, though nice, was not worth the price. The Golf they felt was also a tad bit overpriced, but was probably the best all-around. The Leon was a nice choice for those on a lower budget, but that the ride was a little sharper than they'd like and depreciation was likely to be high.

SEAT Leon ST FR

Thread Information