Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 1,096 to 1,102 of 1102

Thread: The State of The Car

  1. #1096
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,746
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN20B04X

    GM exits from Australia and New Zealand markets.

    Makes bad cars? No one buys them. Let's just make more SUVS! Profit?

  2. #1097
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,407
    Not only Holden is being terminated and GM is exiting AU & NZ. GM is leaving all RHD markets altogether.

    Whatever, except for the Camaro (and perhaps the Suburban / Tahoe) there is barely anything interesting in their portfolio.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  3. #1098
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Not only Holden is being terminated and GM is exiting AU & NZ. GM is leaving all RHD markets altogether.

    Whatever, except for the Camaro (and perhaps the Suburban / Tahoe) there is barely anything interesting in their portfolio.
    So not even going to sell the Corvette?

    Wow, how far the mighty has fallen. This is what GM does- make a good effort at an experiment- Saturn, Chevy Volt, Fiero, etc, dabble in it a little while, say they tried and then abandon it just when they start to iron out the kinks.

    Realistically speaking, the US government should have let it fold in 2008.

  4. #1099
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,746
    Speaking of which...

    The new Mini Cooper JCW can be optioned up to $42k.

    https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mini-j...-pr-1841313262

    I can buy 2 Honda Fits for that money.

    No wonder Mini Cooper is tanking.

  5. #1100
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,407
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    So not even going to sell the Corvette?

    Wow, how far the mighty has fallen. This is what GM does- make a good effort at an experiment- Saturn, Chevy Volt, Fiero, etc, dabble in it a little while, say they tried and then abandon it just when they start to iron out the kinks.

    Realistically speaking, the US government should have let it fold in 2008.
    Well... I read somewhere else that apparently GM remains committed to a RHD Corvette, but I wonder what is the point...
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Speaking of which...

    The new Mini Cooper JCW can be optioned up to $42k.

    https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mini-j...-pr-1841313262

    I can buy 2 Honda Fits for that money.

    No wonder Mini Cooper is tanking.
    I stopped reading at "a 1290kg car with 230bhp is not fast".

    It is.

    The end.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  6. #1101
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Not only Holden is being terminated and GM is exiting AU & NZ. GM is leaving all RHD markets altogether.

    Whatever, except for the Camaro (and perhaps the Suburban / Tahoe) there is barely anything interesting in their portfolio.
    I mean, the Corvette is always interesting, although not the most practical choice. The new Chevy Silverado just makes me want to vomit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well... I read somewhere else that apparently GM remains committed to a RHD Corvette, but I wonder what is the point...

    I stopped reading at "a 1290kg car with 230bhp is not fast".

    It is.

    The end.
    Corvette doesn't really have meaningful sales outside of the USA. I doubt it'd be worth its while to make it RHD. If it did it would be interesting up against the 4.0 Boxster

    Millenial car reviewers have never driven an underpowered 2nd gen Accord on the highway before. But that Mini Cooper is seriously overpriced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #1102
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,407
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Corvette doesn't really have meaningful sales outside of the USA. I doubt it'd be worth its while to make it RHD. If it did it would be interesting up against the 4.0 Boxster
    Nah, the four litre Porsche is a better option.

    The Corvette was fine when it was a two seater muscle car. A bit of performance, simplicity and flamboyance. The mid-engined version looks like it is trying too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Millenial car reviewers have never driven an underpowered 2nd gen Accord on the highway before. But that Mini Cooper is seriously overpriced.
    Being able to be optioned up to 42 grand is not the same as having to pay 42 grand to get one.

    That Mini is low 30 grand car tops. Think of it as a front wheel drive, 230bhp, 2+2 sports coupé and it suddenly makes more sense.

    Do not get carried away by the fact that it somewhat looks like practical, economy, city car.

    I am fond of the Mk 1 supercharged Cooper S. If this is anything like it, it could be a riot.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lotus City Car Concept
    By Ecnelis in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 03:25 PM
  2. how to be a ricer
    By C4Power in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
  3. Car of the Year Awards 2008 [PLEASE READ FIRST]
    By fisetdavid26 in forum Awards
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 02:33 PM
  4. She drives like a Chick
    By Niko_Fx in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 06:22 PM
  5. Manual Transmission
    By Orefus in forum Technical forums
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 10:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •