Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rennsport Reunion IV

Yeah, turned mine on twice a coupla times, too. I took your advice Peter and have a checklist, but still f#@*ed it up. Anyway, here's incar from a guy running through the field in one of the old Ginther 914 EPs. Car has great history, and it was really fun to watch him slice and dice... you can see me move over for him at turn 4 on lap two. It was a pleasure to follow him... such fun!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvTHJQcKzqQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvTHJQcKzqQ[/ame]
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Makes me want to come over for a season
    How about - like holiday home swaps - you come to Scotland and compete in our races in mine and I come over there and do yours for a season ? Avoids the cost of shipping cars

Mate's just left to do Jamaican Rally in Ford Anglia and jealous at the idea of competing in the sun and warmth !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Rennsport Reunion

Was a blast running with all the 914's, but I noticed in the reunion tv coverage that the 914's were not well featured which is a shame. So many GT's with such amazing historical significance to Porsche and almost no coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Makes me want to come over for a season
    How about - like holiday home swaps - you come to Scotland and compete in our races in mine and I come over there and do yours for a season ? Avoids the cost of shipping cars

Mate's just left to do Jamaican Rally in Ford Anglia and jealous at the idea of competing in the sun and warmth !!!
    Great idea... time for a new business venture, Matra? Trust... but verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by chfrank View Post
    Was a blast running with all the 914's, but I noticed in the reunion tv coverage that the 914's were not well featured which is a shame. So many GT's with such amazing historical significance to Porsche and almost no coverage.
    Welcome, chfrank! Yeah, no love for the teeners from the producers. Can't believe Speed didn't mention your amazing run, instead stuck on the BHR #42 and Brumos #58 911s. Besides which they got the drivers mixed up: one by going with the entry list (instead of Jurgen B), the other by confusing WHICH #58. Mine!

those 914's look like a blast! i've never been able to get past their looks (call me superficial.. ) but they handle like little else.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    those 914's look like a blast! i've never been able to get past their looks (call me superficial.. ) but they handle like little else.
    As to looks, all I can say is glad my tastes coincide with appreciation for performance... behind the wheel, what matters is how it goes.

I like fast toasters. Or picnic baskets. Plus: two trunks!

i spend too much time looking at my cars as they sit on jack stands to own one then :P
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information