Thread: My (very) Smallblock 350

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My (very) Smallblock 350

As temperatures have been dropping here in upstate New York, motorcycle prices have inevitably followed. With my freshly-won motorcycling permit that I got while I was home for the summer, I felt like I should probably take advantage of this so as to not only have a runabout, but to also begin truly understanding how this whole "internal combustion" thing works.
    Due to living in California and going to school in New York, I tend to stay here during all but the longest breaks, so I wanted something to occupy my time during them.
    Having found that browsing Craigslist during class is far more productive than any of the drivel that our professors usually seem to spout, I've been observing pricing trends and figured now, right before Thanksgiving break, was my time to pounce. I'd seen a few things that minorly caught my fancy, but nothing special or cheap enough. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice the former for the latter, but the bike is just about the perfect engine size for me, it's nice and light, and it was quite cheap. A CB350 should also be easy to find parts for.

Unfortunately, all my friends have vacated for break, so I don't have access to any pictures other than the one below.

The bike is currently in pieces, because if I hadn't shown up when I did the owner was going to part it out. I haven't quite assessed all the work I need to do and catalogued all that I need to buy, but this should be fun!

EDIT: I have all the (unpictured) large pieces aside from the handlebars. The engine, lights etc... are in a number of bins.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information