I've had sort of a change of mind.

I'll explain the situation further, see what's your opinion on the subject.

For quite long and complicated reasons I own an apartment in Blanes, some 90kms north of Barcelona. I'm slowly refurbishing it and my plan is to go to live there (possibly). So potentially it is a 180km daily commute, hence the sensible diesel. However, refurbishing the house exepnsive and therefore it's probably going to take some time. So therefore the potential 180km daily commute could still be a year or two away (maybe more or maybe I never move there, I use it as a summer apartment...).

So right now, I only use the car in the weekends or for leisure basically. So that actually means I don't need to use it all if I do not want it or have access to it, or for some reasin I did not have access. Truth be told I don't really need a car (in the strict sense of the word need). But it does give me freedom and I can afford it.

I'm planning to lease (so the budget is only indicative, then) and I prefer a new car, since nearly-new cars are almost as expensive as new ones and I simply do not want the fuss of a proper second hand, used, car. I also have free access to two rather practical cars (i30 and Delta).

So how about this for an idea. The cars in the original post are pretty much the same as what I already drive (except for the diesel) and having would mean more of the same. So how about lowering my budget a bit (monthly payments) to have something that I could enjoy, even if that could mean slitghly higher running costs (basically fuel, which could be somewhat compensated by the lower monthly payments)?

I'm thinking about cars like the Renault Wind, a basic Abarth 500, a Mini Cooper Coupe, maybe a Honda CR-Z, a base MX-5 1.8 litre, perhaps a MiTo 1.4 TB... Something that even if it's slower and thirstier it's more enjoyable even if that means I can't go as fast or I have to be more careful with the throttle.

Opinions?