Thread: Does a steeply inclined windshield really hinders visibility?

Does a steeply inclined windshield really hinders visibility?

It is said that if windshields are inclined more than 22 degrees from horizontal they will reflect the dashboard quite a lot.

I've been given rides on some Lambos (Countach and Diablo) yet outward visibility isn't bad at all, yet their windshield is about 20 degrees.

Why is that?

Usually because they have a large flat featureless slab of dull non-reflective dash material that is reflected. If the dials were further forward and not as shrouded then the physics of light reflection makes it a bummer
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Big time View Post
    It is said that if windshields are inclined more than 22 degrees from horizontal they will reflect the dashboard quite a lot.

I've been given rides on some Lambos (Countach and Diablo) yet outward visibility isn't bad at all, yet their windshield is about 20 degrees.

Why is that?
    Maybe because the Lambos windshields is about 20 degrees not 22 degrees, 2 degrees can make all the diffrence.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    Maybe because the Lambos windshields is about 20 degrees not 22 degrees, 2 degrees can make all the diffrence.
    Actually 20 degrees is MORE inclined than 20 degrees as they are measured from horizontal.

Quote Originally Posted by Big time View Post
    Actually 20 degrees is MORE inclined than 20 degrees as they are measured from horizontal.
    Yea my bad, why i thought it was the other way around i don't know.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information