Thread: Revised Ferrari California, new Porsche Macan and Morgan Plus 8 returns ...

Revised Ferrari California, new Porsche Macan and Morgan Plus 8 returns ...

At the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, Ferrari will reveal an updated version of the California. Most of the revisions will be skin-deep with a particular focus on the direct injection engine. A change in the V8's map has freed up an additional 30 hp and 20 Nm of torque. Additionally, Ferrari's engineers have managed to shave 30 kg off the 2+2 convertible's weight. New to the option list is the 'Handling Speciale' package that sharpens up both the suspension and steering. The revised California will be available later in the year with the first examples destined for the European market.
    Porsche today announced the addition of the fifth model to the company's portfolio. Named after the Indonesian word for the tiger, the new Porsche will be known as the Macan. It will be a small SUV that slots in under the very profitable Cayenne. Production of the Macan will commence in Leipzig in 2013. For now, Porsche have only released a rendering of the new machine.
    Missing from the Morgan line-up since 2004, the Plus 8 has returned. Production ceased nearly a decade ago after the ageing Rover-sourced V8 failed to meet the latest emission standards. The new Plus 8 uses a state-of-the-art BMW V8, which produces 367 hp in standard trim or 390 hp with the optional exhaust package fitted. Having to move only 1100 kg, this gives the latest Morgan very impressive performance figures. Although scheduled to debut in Geneva, the Plus 8 is available from Morgan dealers or the factory immediately.

Enjoy the links:

2012 Ferrari California - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Morgan Plus 8 - Images, Specifications and Information

2013 Porsche Macan - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 SsangYong XIV-2 Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

New Plus 8.. it's sex on wheels! Gosh! 1100kg and 4,8L BMW! I'm in love!

Love the Morgan, ok it doesn't look that different from other Morgan’s (clearly Morgan don't have designers) but it uses new technology. It looks brilliant.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Porsche Macan = Porsche Tiguan?

The Morgan looks very cool, but I do miss the old M3 straight 6 that they used to use.

M3 straight 6? As far as I know only the Aero models previously used a BMW engine.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Porsche Macan = Porsche Tiguan?

The Morgan looks very cool, but I do miss the old M3 straight 6 that they used to use.
    no,Audi Q5.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    M3 straight 6? As far as I know only the Aero models previously used a BMW engine.
    Nevermind. Only V8 engines were used. I thought they had straight 6s too.

Just curious, is the Ferrari California the only Ferrari in which you can get a manual from the factory now?

That's pretty sad...
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.

^^^ Didn't they use a V6 from a Ford. They still do don't they?
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I believe the 599 is available in a manual, and its speced on about 2% of cars
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information