Thread: Stage 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stage 4

OK, do fine on the relaxed section ? Maybe eat something or no
    Check over timecards again, all OK, times match yours ?
    How's fuel ? Check over tyres, etc.
    USE relaxed sections to make sure you don't have problems later

So, got your off-time for the next stage start ?
    1 minute before, get into Q ( if one ) and get belts tightened, pencils checked, rubbers, map light ...

( This stage is using crossings so you'll want to read up on that in the skills section )

Stage 4

TC3 -> TC4, 9 miles, 18 minutes, CRO

Cross these grid lines in order ....

53, 53, 72, 53, 52, 51, 71, 70, 70, 50
    70, 70, 49, 70, 69, 49, 50, 69, 51, 69.

NAM 2 junctions furthest west in this section

TC4 is at 514683 SSE
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hey Peter this one i s a bit harder, is there any chance that you can just show where the first point is because i am not ntirely sure how this thing works even with reading the skills section,

thanks
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

YEah what is the deal w/ this??

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    YEah what is the deal w/ this??

i know what the deal with it is i just dont understand how to find the first point
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

TC3 Stage Marshal gives assistance.

OK, you asked the TC marshal and he recognises your novices and helps you out on the first 4 grid line crossings by noting the order they appear on the map

53, 53, 72, 53

and giving you the route through them. Rest is up to you

BTW, the map to use is the same as for Stage 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-31-2004 at 10:45 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    Hey Peter this one i s a bit harder, is there any chance that you can just show where the first point is because i am not ntirely sure how this thing works even with reading the skills section,

thanks
    Well you are looking for a reoute where the road crosses the given grid lines in the order printed.
    Hopefully, the assistance the TC marshal has given the novice crew will make it easier - and apologies for me cocking it up anyway

ok thanks ill try and get the hang of it now then

I should have added more exxplanation on that map segment.
    The numbers in the circles are the order of the grid line crossings
    so (1)=53, (2)=53 (3)=72 and (4)=53
    I drew them on to help guide you. You woulnd' tdo that during the event. Only there as explanation

well here we are i dont know if it is correct i found this one a bit harder
    Last edited by Mustang; 11-28-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Stage 4 route

OK, so that one was a little harder.

You had to follow the crossing instructions VERY clearly and each step and EVERY step.
    Miss one and you'll struggle.

To try to assist, what I've done is marked up the map in my typical intermediate stage.
    This is as I go through the grid lines and I mark where the road crosses the line number given. THEN I draw the route - and remove the cross lines.

So the first map is just my 'working'
    The second map is the route as I then read it to the driver.
    NOTE: Here you see where I will use the route line and swap it from one side of the road to the other.
    This becomes important when 2 junctions are near to each other. It's important that as a nav your drawings cannot be mis-read. So by putting the corner mark on the OUTSIDE of the corner I ensure I don't get confused at the point where they are close .

Going back to the skills, for grid lines you want to tick each number on the instructions as you mark it on the map and then look for the next grid line number in the instructions and find where it is on the road and then mark it and tick the instructino and continue till all are done.

Anyone still struggling with this raise it in Q&A and we'll try to work out a better description.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information