Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How old are you? What do you do?

18, college...studying grafic design/art....pc . And part time job at mot station jus split up with girl

just turned 16, studying for my school certificate in year 10 and my subjects are tech drawing, computers, electronics, HSIE, advanced maths, english, PD/H/PE and Religion. I havent got a job, my mums trying to encourage me into one of those work from home things theyre always advertising, but what i really want to do is become like an engine reconditioner and get into performance tuning. it probably sounds like the typical stereotype of most teenagers interested in cars, but ive got a strong interest in cars and i'd be dedicated enough to be working on cars even if the pay packet was only like $30K a year. the only thing that might stop me is everyone telling me im capable of alot more, like a doctor or if i really want a job involved in cars something like an engineer or designer. so whiteballz, it looks like you might have someone to set up the business when you get here
    I am the Stig

Im 18 finished school last year and has seen 2 jobs so far...the one at the bmw dealership as a detailer...and my current one (which i became permanent in last week) as a parts room junior...

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    just turned 16, studying for my school certificate in year 10 and my subjects are tech drawing, computers, electronics, HSIE, advanced maths, english, PD/H/PE and Religion. I havent got a job, my mums trying to encourage me into one of those work from home things theyre always advertising, but what i really want to do is become like an engine reconditioner and get into performance tuning. it probably sounds like the typical stereotype of most teenagers interested in cars, but ive got a strong interest in cars and i'd be dedicated enough to be working on cars even if the pay packet was only like $30K a year. the only thing that might stop me is everyone telling me im capable of alot more, like a doctor or if i really want a job involved in cars something like an engineer or designer. so whiteballz, it looks like you might have someone to set up the business when you get here
    mate all i can say is do what you want...

i met a guy (20yr old) last week who was an insurance broker for 2 years. a mate of his gave hime a number for holden racing team. he rung them everyday for about three months and now he is driving for holden racing team and getting paid to do so! by the end of the year he aims to be in v8 supercars....

a bit of luck maybe? but he is doing what he wants not what his family etc wanted...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

i'm 14 (15 in november) going to school, i dont have any job because i cant have it legally - after normal school im studying english

I'm 13 years old ( 16 june ) and i'm a student ....
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

Quote Originally Posted by stratos
    I'm 13 years old ( 16 june ) and i'm a student ....
    I'm 13 years old ( 19 september ) and i'm a student ....
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

I didn't realize you guys were so young...
    Not that there's anything wrong with it, but you do seem a bit older.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

I'm old and married not that old but a bit older than the rest of you. I am a trade qualified panel beater but theirs no money in that field, so I work 1/2 the year driving heavy machinery in the sugar cane industry and the other 1/2 of the year being and selling shares in the stock market and forex trading (currency trading) hence my long hours on line, not for long though the cane season starts in 2 weeks.
    does anyone have kid's of there own??

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    I'm old and married not that old but a bit older than the rest of you. I am a trade qualified panel beater but theirs no money in that field, so I work 1/2 the year driving heavy machinery in the sugar cane industry and the other 1/2 of the year being and selling shares in the stock market and forex trading (currency trading) hence my long hours on line, not for long though the cane season starts in 2 weeks.
    does anyone have kid's of there own??
    no kids thank god! my best mate had a baby at 18!!! but he's doing ok now, working his ass off...

mate i am interested in how you trade. i am doing finance at uni and was wondering do you trade for yourself? for others?
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Thread Information