Thread: New Member with a New Chop (work in progress)

New Member with a New Chop (work in progress)

Hello all,

I have been checking this site out off and on for a while now. It has been a couple years since I have chopped anything, but really liked doing it when I was.

My chops used to be created from Photoimpact, and this is my first chop using Photoshop. Great switch!

During my stay and lurking days previous, I have taken notice to some pretty solid talent here. Not to mention, pretty decent support to the new guys.

Anyways, enough ass licking. I am entering a casual chop contest later this month and thought I would share with what I have come up with so far. As per usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

Cheers.

Original:
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...Y09SUBJECT.jpg

Chop:
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...entry4copy.jpg

There are some things I would like to work on. For instance, the hood scoop seems too soft. The side skirt by the door needs more arch. I like the orange stripe around the wheels. Now I just need to tie more of that into the car. Perhaps I will make all black plastics to match the gun metal wheel color. There is some glass and tint work to be done. Shine up the lug nuts maybe. I tossed around the idea of a wing, although I like the lines right now sans wing.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 05-17-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Images wider than 800 pixels.

The kit looks real good, criticisms would be the wheel wells and the hood scoop. I'd make the fenders flare or go for a wide body look since it seems as if the wheels are going to bust through the body work.. maybe make the wheels smaller? Hood scoop is blurred and doesn't flow with the crisp edges throughout the Genesis coupe. Might just have to rebrush that a tad.

edit: the scoop is also off-perspective a bit, should be 'rotated' about 5 degrees clockwise if you understand what I mean.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 05-14-2009 at 01:07 AM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    The kit looks real good, criticisms would be the wheel wells and the hood scoop. I'd make the fenders flare or go for a wide body look since it seems as if the wheels are going to bust through the body work.. maybe make the wheels smaller? Hood scoop is blurred and doesn't flow with the crisp edges throughout the Genesis coupe. Might just have to rebrush that a tad.

edit: the scoop is also off-perspective a bit, should be 'rotated' about 5 degrees clockwise if you understand what I mean.

Thanks! Appreciated!

I like the wheel size. I will try airbrushing some more shadow on the top of the wheels to give them more of a tucked look. I could also darken up the driver seat.

I gotcha on the 5 degrees. Thanks.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 05-14-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Looks pretty cool overall. My only criticisms/comments would be:

-The seats look a little off perspective. It looks like they need to be rotated so the left-hand seat would move back and the right-hand seat would move forward a bit (does that make sense?)

-I agree that the hood scoop looks a little soft. Also, perhaps a slight bulge instead of an inset scoop would complement the muscular lines better...but that may just be a matter of personal taste. Nothing ostentatious, think current generation m3 maybe.

Welcome.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

You may also want to dim the interior above where the "rolled down" windows are, there is still a bit of a shine to the original windows there; darken the b pillar, etc.. it all seems to be still behind the glass.
    Need something photoshopped?
    Ask me. 10 years of experience with the program. Yes, I charge, depending on the project.
    PM me for details, cause every project is different.

Quote Originally Posted by kona9 View Post
    Hello all,

I have been checking this site out off and on for a while now. It has been a couple years since I have chopped anything, but really liked doing it when I was.

My chops used to be created from Photoimpact, and this is my first chop using Photoshop. Great switch!

During my stay and lurking days previous, I have taken notice to some pretty solid talent here. Not to mention, pretty decent support to the new guys.

Anyways, enough ass licking. I am entering a casual chop contest later this month and thought I would share with what I have come up with so far. As per usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

Cheers.

Original:
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...Y09SUBJECT.jpg

Chop:
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...entry4copy.jpg

There are some things I would like to work on. For instance, the hood scoop seems too soft. The side skirt by the door needs more arch. I like the orange stripe around the wheels. Now I just need to tie more of that into the car. Perhaps I will make all black plastics to match the gun metal wheel color. There is some glass and tint work to be done. Shine up the lug nuts maybe. I tossed around the idea of a wing, although I like the lines right now sans wing.
    This is a good kit I think,and the size of the wheel is good...Perfect for the chops,I think only certain things may need to change but not as necessary as it is...

Thread Information