Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The random picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Who needs front forks when you have the most powerful bike in the world...
    Define "production." I'm thinking a Boss Hoss would have similar production rates as that thing and 500hp is quite a bit more than that thing, too. Plus, fugly is a horribly burden to be stuck with in life.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    if the primers are electrically activated like on battleship cannons do you have to worry about static setting them off if you're carrying the rounds in your pocket?
    No, the electrical charge required to set them off is unique and different than what you get from static. In fact, since impacts can't set them off they're actually a bit safer than conventional rounds.

Edit:
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/outd...11.html?page=1
    Last edited by wwgkd; 02-03-2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Who needs front forks when you have the most powerful bike in the world...
    No longer the most powerful bike as they've decided not to do the supercharged version. And the Boss Hoss can go **** off.

Also, the Tesi is better looking.

Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 02-03-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

What's the advantage of doing the front that way? It's surely more complicated and expensive than the traditional forks...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

...and soon to be the most rusty

expensive .. rare .. collectible .. what a stupendously dumb thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    No, the electrical charge required to set them off is unique and different than what you get from static. In fact, since impacts can't set them off they're actually a bit safer than conventional rounds.

Edit:
    Remington's Model 700 EtronX Centerfire Target Rifle Redefines The Big Bang Theory - Popular Mechanics
    that's awsome. fyi the lock time on the matchlocks/flintlocks i had experience with was almost a full second (well so it seemed)
    What's the advantage of doing the front that way? It's surely more complicated and expensive than the traditional forks...
    i am curious as well. bet you could make a really futuristic looking bike if you lengthened it a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    ...and soon to be the most rusty

expensive .. rare .. collectible .. what a stupendously dumb thing to do!
    +1, sure does make a nice photo though
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I am curious as well. bet you could make a really futuristic looking bike if you lengthened it a little.
    It's a hub steering setup. What it does is separate the steering, braking and suspension forces so they all work better. You can brake a lot later and harder with a lot less/no dive, and the suspension movement doesn't change the geometry. The trade-off is less feedback through the bars.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

would you/do reviews say it is superior?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

..and a lot less/no change in wb under compression

would you/do reviews say it is superior?
    Most people can't get over the lack of feedback. Plus, it's only the Tesi and Vyrus which use it, and the Tesi runs about 3x the price of a normal Jap sporty which will be waaaaaaaaaaay faster.
    – Hunter Thompson

looks very similar configuration (including frame) to the old Britten, which was awesome

I saw the Britten race at Bathurst .. AWESOME

(did I say awesome twice? oh wait, now three times .. who cares, I'll never forget it, it was just awexxxx!)

No, the Britten used a Hossack front suspension, which BMW also uses on the R- and K- series bikes. It's a double wishbone system. It has the same affect as the hub-steering, but not to the same extent.
    – Hunter Thompson

well there you go .. thanks for the info!

So if it's far superior.. how come they don't all race with it?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

that's awsome. fyi the lock time on the matchlocks/flintlocks i had experience with was almost a full second (well so it seemed)
    Yeah. I shot a flintlock once. It seems to me the problem on those isn't so much the lock time as the giant flash of powder inches in front of your eyes before the gun even goes off. I've heard of these 400 yard shots from our revolutionary war and I have no idea how the guys did it. I don't know if I could hit a car at 50 yards with one of those.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 02-03-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Yeah. I shot a flintlock once. It seems to me the problem on those isn't so much the lock time as the giant flash of powder inches in front of your eyes before the gun even goes off. I've heard of these 400 yard shots from our revolutionary war and I have no idea how the guys did it. I don't know if I could hit a car at 50 yards with one of those.
    god knows the projectiles are so big you could injure someone by just throwing them at the enemy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information