Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown supercar/racing car

Unknown supercar/racing car

First of all I'm new here, so hello to everybody
    I have been trying to identify this car for weeks without any luck, looking through different search engines and finding cars with similarities, but don't quite match the picture. I asked on Yahoo Answers, and kept getting Honda NSX as an answer, but I don't think it looks anything like a honda NSX, though it does look Japanese.
    The pictures are from an old Top Gear music compilation released in 1994, one is the original picture, in the other I have pointed out some features which I will list below:

1) Some sort of "arch" which is connected to the back window (well that's what it looks like to me).
    2) This looks like the rear light, and is a circle shape.
    3) The wingmirror, it is attached to the door, and seems to be oval shaped.
    4) A "depression" in the rear arch. The car would seem to be a Widebody.

Please remember this is from 1994.

I have a scanner but it's in the attic, if anyone requires a clearer photo, I should be able to provide one.
    Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like an NSX to me and I would know. Im a big Honda fan. Might be a modified one or a JGTC look-a-like
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

Hi TGLS1993, welcome to the forum.

I think the car in question is a C4 Corvette (ZR-1 maybe) , the rear sleeve of the Top Gear-Rock (1994) CD album cover definately looks like it has one with its headlights up on it. You can find the album on Amazon where both covers are shown.

Maybe an FC RX-7?
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Alpine GTA? It would match the 3/4 window and maybe spoiler.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Nice car!!!...

I don't think it's a NSX. I see what you mean with the black pillars though, but the rear wing and tail lights don't match.

I think it's a Pontiac Firebird. The tail lights don't match exactly, but the wing and the pillar does.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...e-1280x960.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RSOWNER View Post
    Hi TGLS1993, welcome to the forum.

I think the car in question is a C4 Corvette (ZR-1 maybe) , the rear sleeve of the Top Gear-Rock (1994) CD album cover definately looks like it has one with its headlights up on it. You can find the album on Amazon where both covers are shown.
    I think you're right after looking at my CD copy it does look like a C4 Corvette. The shape of the roof and glass hatch look like that of a C4 Corvette. I can picture in my head such a Corvette with that body kit. The only problem is I can't find a picture of a C4 with such a bodykit and spoiler. Must either be a racing car or a one off project someone made a few years ago.
    Thanks RSOWNER

Quote Originally Posted by TGLS1993 View Post
    I think you're right after looking at my CD copy it does look like a C4 Corvette. The shape of the roof and glass hatch look like that of a C4 Corvette. I can picture in my head such a Corvette with that body kit. The only problem is I can't find a picture of a C4 with such a bodykit and spoiler. Must either be a racing car or a one off project someone made a few years ago.
    Thanks RSOWNER
    I wouldn't conclude on the Vette just yet, it looks like an RX-7 to me, i don't see the tail light as being completely round, more like a sideways oval

Here's the rear of the cd and the front from same source.
    See if it helps
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Mirrors say C4 Corvette.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I wouldn't conclude on the Vette just yet, it looks like an RX-7 to me, i don't see the tail light as being completely round, more like a sideways oval
    That's why i'm leaning towards it being a ZR-1 as it didn't have round rear lights.

1989-1995 Corvette ZR-1

Does anyone have an account or know someone who has an account on CorvetteForum.com?

Seems like a Corvette C4 to me. The rear is still hard to tell but the front clearly is a C4.
    [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott597/5377985837/"]Corvette C4 ZR1 LT5 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]
    How old is the album?

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    How old is the album?
    It was released in 1994, I think around May time.

Thread Information