Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of education do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Bleh, well if you are willing to pay for college or university at that age I mean, you are free. Plus, you don't ever have to move back in if you work hard!
    I can't pay for it all myself either though Aha I know I'm not exactly in the most ideal situation; but do you think, with one of the college adv. diploma's I listed, that I could get into the job I want?

You can do FSAE in college, that hurdle is to get enough people to start it and convince people to support you...Its a Collegiate level competition, its open to universities or colleges....The issue I think is that with most professional school/colleges runs a much more condensed curriculum that people are in it to get as much stuff as quickly as possible, its hard to get people to do extra(aside from making money). Unless they make it part of the course....

Also school like UOIT might be of interest to you. Its now a full university, but they have a much heavier emphasis on practical work and they have a strong tie to GM, which helps in terms of gearing their courseload to practical application. I believe they are currently the only university in Canada to offer an actual "Automotive Engineering" degree...

Roush BTW is a much bigger company than just the NASCAR team or company that build tuned Ford. They are a full tier one supplier and they do a lot of customer OEM programs. And they hire ALOT of young engineers. Though their turn over rate is pretty high. But a lot of students get their first job in the field with Roush, then go elsewhere. And don't feel you need to go to US school to get US job, I work in US fine with my degree from UofT....

I am actually one year before double cohort.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    You can do FSAE in college, that hurdle is to get enough people to start it and convince people to support you... That may not be impossible actually... Seeing as my dad has quite a few automotive friends who would love to see a good projectIts a Collegiate level competition, its open to universities or colleges....The issue I think is that with most professional school/colleges runs a much more condensed curriculum that people are in it to get as much stuff as quickly as possible, its hard to get people to do extra(aside from making money). Unless they make it part of the course....

Also school like UOIT might be of interest to you. Its now a full university, but they have a much heavier emphasis on practical work and they have a strong tie to GM, which helps in terms of gearing their courseload to practical application. I believe they are currently the only university in Canada to offer an actual "Automotive Engineering" degree... Actually, McMaster also offers it, but like I said quite a few times... I just can't do Uni... I've tried many times of thinking up ways, but at the end of the day, it's not realistic, and my counsellors and teachers said that it's "a nice thought", but really... It's just not realistic

Roush BTW is a much bigger company than just the NASCAR team or company that build tuned Ford. They are a full tier one supplier and they do a lot of customer OEM programs. And they hire ALOT of young engineers. Though their turn over rate is pretty high. But a lot of students get their first job in the field with Roush, then go elsewhere. And don't feel you need to go to US school to get US job, I work in US fine with my degree from UofT.... Hrm, interesting. VERY good to know! Thank you very much! We also have some other workshops right here in Canada like Steeda or Silva and some others of course that are quite good as well.

I am actually one year before double cohort.....
    Thank you very much for the information, I didnt know much about FSAE at all until today!

Thread Information