Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin Vanquish 2012-

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aston Martin Vanquish 2012-

Aston Martin is today unveiling a stunning new luxury sports car – the Vanquish.

Sitting proudly at the pinnacle of the luxury British car maker’s sports car line-up, this breath-taking new super grand tourer represents the zenith of current Aston Martin design and engineering. Vanquish points to an exciting and confident future for the historic brand.

Vanquish is a new Aston Martin featuring the next generation of the renowned VH architecture as well as a significantly upgraded 6.0-litre V12 engine that is considerably more potent than before.

The design represents the latest take on Aston Martin’s iconic visual language. Vanquish unquestionably sees the brand continue its enviable tradition of producing some of the most beautiful sports cars in the world. Styling cues such as the elegant new waist, elongated side strakes and LED rear light blades are derived from the One-77 supercar.

Unmistakably an Aston Martin, the design shows a clear and coherent lineage from its heritage while providing an equally clear pointer to the luxury car brand’s vibrant future. Closer inspection reveals details such as the stunning new Aero Duct on the rear boot lid. This elegantly devised passive engineering feature, which counteracts lift at the car’s rear when travelling at speed, is a triumph of both design and technical ability.

Performance, presence, style and great British craftsmanship – the new Vanquish has all these traits in abundance.

Aston Martin Chief Executive Officer, Dr Ulrich Bez said: “Today’s Vanquish is the ultimate expression of Aston Martin design ethos, engineering innovation and technical ability. It offers luxurious, continent-crossing capability and pure driving excitement without compromise.

“Bearing the same name as the iconic original Vanquish that did so much to cement Aston Martin’s reputation as a maker of great GT cars in the modern era, I believe the car unveiled today once again puts this great British brand at the top of its class.

“The new Vanquish mixes beautiful design with impressive technology such as the superb new infotainment system. This is the latest incarnation of everything we know, informed and developed from One-77. It is the ultimate Super Grand Tourer – confident and assured – and is the newest representation of Power, Beauty and Soul.”

As happy on the streets of a bustling city as it is carving through the countryside or long distance motorway touring, the Vanquish offers a thoroughbred British luxury sports car that’s also suited to everyday use.

Powered by a significantly revised naturally aspirated 6.0-litre V12 petrol engine mated to the proven Touchtronic 2 six-speed automatic gearbox, the new car offers suitably impressive performance figures. The V12’s power peak of 565 bhp (573 PS) makes it Aston Martin’s most potent production model yet, outmuscled only by the strictly limited edition £1.2m One-77 supercar.

The raw statistics speak for themselves: 573 PS at 6,750 rpm, 620 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm, 0-62 mph in 4.1 seconds and a top speed of 183 mph place the Vanquish firmly into supercar territory. Yet the brand’s team of engineers have been working towards economy and emissions improvements, too.

The latest engineering methods, innovative technologies and typically understated classic British design come together to make the muscular new Vanquish a true super GT. For instance, each body panel on the car is constructed from carbon fibre because of its high strength-to-weight ratio and flexibility of form.Meanwhile torsional rigidity is improved by more than 25%.

Practical improvements such as a newly designed and significantly more spacious cabin and a boot that, at 368 litres, is more than 60% larger than that of the DBS, ensure the new Vanquish can carry sufficient luggage for even the most ambitious grand tourist.

Designed and hand-built at Aston Martin’s global headquarters at Gaydon in Warwickshire the new Vanquish, available as a 2+2 or 2+0, sits atop a broad line-up of world-class sports cars including the exquisite DB9, sporty V8 Vantage and luxurious four-door Rapide.

Dr Bez said: “The Aston Martin range is stronger now than at any time in our 99-year history. The new Vanquish represents the perfect way to signal the beginning of our centenary celebrations next year.”

Priced from £189,995 RRP first deliveries of the new sports car are expected to begin in the UK and Continental Europe late in 2012.
    Attached Images Attached Images

For now, and I'm loving it
    Attached Images Attached Images

A bit over done IMO....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    A bit over done IMO....
    Hmm, I think this is finaly the evolution over the DB9/DBS/Virage/V8 that we have waiting for so long.

Oh my does Aston ever have a knack for making silky smooth, good looking cars

sex on wheels.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Oh, I was so hoping someone would post it so that I could have a go at it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston's PR claptrap
    Aston Martin is today unveiling a stunning new luxury sports car – the Vanquish.
    This isn't a bloody new car, it's just a variation of the car that was introduced decades ago.

Furthermore its details have been so exagerated and cartoonised and now looks like a ridicolous caricature of its former self.

The carbonfibre sills, difuser and front bumper look stupid and the rear spoiler looks like something that could've come from Haldford's.

Aston, stop endlessly redesigning the DB7/9, it looks awful and it screams lack of ideas and only the Germans know how to pull it of without looking stupid.

The end.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

This isn't a bloody new car, it's just a variation of the car that was introduced decades ago.

Furthermore its details have been so exagerated and cartoonised and now looks like a ridicolous caricature of its former self.

The carbonfibre sills, difuser and front bumper look stupid and the rear spoiler looks like something that could've come from Haldford's.

Aston, stop endlessly redesigning the DB7/9, it looks awful and it screams lack of ideas and only the Germans know how to pull it of without looking stupid.

The end.
    Wrong.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

The end.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it... the DB7 and the 9 were both beautiful cars when they came out so why not keep evolving a great design? It's really no different than what Audi is doing with the TT or Porsche with the 911

It really looks hastily put together. The rear fenders seem awkward, as if the metalwork doesn't really flow so well.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It really looks hastily put together. The rear fenders seem awkward, as if the metalwork doesn't really flow so well.
    I respectfully disagree.

Wow, how taste changes 7 years out.

Actually, I would say now that cars are overwrought now, and the Vanquish is now tastefully restrained.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it... the DB7 and the 9 were both beautiful cars when they came out so why not keep evolving a great design? It's really no different than what Audi is doing with the TT or Porsche with the 911
    The difference is that the TT and 911 actually change, and they're single models. This is all AMs, the company just produces slightly different versions of the same car.

Also they're really not that pretty - the DB7 especially. I never really got what the fuss was about until the DB9, then they've been slowly ruining that with all the vents and assorted foofaraw. Personally I prefer the old V8 styling.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    The difference is that the TT and 911 actually change,
    Debatable, especially for the 911 over the past decade since all that's really changed is the shape of the headlights and design of the taillights. I see the qualms one might have with the whole model line-up tho especially when the whole DBS/Virage thing came about

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Debatable, especially for the 911 over the past decade since all that's really changed is the shape of the headlights and design of the taillights. I see the qualms one might have with the whole model line-up tho especially when the whole DBS/Virage thing came about
    But as Pimento said they are the same model which evolves. I'm not saying it's right, it's just more coherent than wha Aston Martin is doing.

They pretend to make us believe the Virage and Vanquish are different models, as well as the DB9, the DBS, the V8 Vantage and the V12 Vantage and the Rapide which only seem detail variations on a common theme. I0m getting fed up with cars that look all the same, but I guess that's what you get when you are small stand-alone company with limited financial resources.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Love the lines until...the ground effects come into view. A shame as it has a very silky, sleek lines otherwise.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information