This book is available for free here:
http://www.sevencargarage.com/racecar/racecar.pdf

This actually has been out for a while, it was on my Xmas reading list last year, but I forgot to take it home(I have the paperback) to Toronto with me and I haven't got around to read it until recently....

The gist of it is the author's experience in Formula SAE at University of Oklahoma, in his final year of 2007. It takes the reader through basically a full FSAE year, through all the intra-team dynamic, personal drama, what FSAE does to the life of a college student and finally the competitions themselves. Its quite easy to read and if you have a few hours you can probably sit down and finish it in one sitting(I started on my spare time on my vacation and just finished the 2nd half tonight). If you have some kind of FSAE experience I think you will find something very relate-able in the book. If not you can definite see what it is like to be doing this. As 2007 was also my final full year involvement with the Toronto team, it was a bit more interesting to see the competition that I remembered quite well(it was Toronto's best finish at the Michigan competition) from another team's perspective. Pretty much everything the book goes through I could probably find a parallel in my own experience, right down to the trouble passing noise at the competition, and being quite laid back and relaxed at your 2nd competition of the year....

The author now I think is also a contributing columnist for Racecar Engineering magazine.

So if you got some time to kill, this is a good way to kill that....