Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Phaeton 2002-

I always liked the Phaeton. This limo version is even better. Too bad they're not making them for the U.S. anymore.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

I would hit that from every angle possible.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    I would hit that from every angle possible.
    Not if I did first, biatch

Volkswagen Passat R36

VOLKSWAGEN UNVEILS THE NEW PASSAT R36

Volkswagen is set to release its most potent ‘R’ model yet – the Passat R36. Joining the Golf R32 and only the second model in the Volkswagen line-up to carry the ‘R’ badge the new car will be not only the fastest Passat but also the fastest estate car Volkswagen has ever produced.

The basis for the R36 is a new 3.6-litre FSI V6 engine developing 300 PS. It’s mated to an ultra-responsive, six-speed DSG gearbox channelling drive through all four wheels to maximise traction. At each corner are revised springs and dampers linked to uprated brake discs and callipers to add more bite under heavy deceleration.

Clothing the mechanical changes is a bespoke bodykit which at the front incorporates a trio of deep airdams drawing a family resemblance with the Golf R32. Deep sideskirts and chrome highlights are framed by unique 18-inch wheels wrapped in 235/40 R18 tyres. At the rear a deeper bumper houses a pair of chrome-tipped tailpipes and revised light lenses. The estate version features a discreet spoiler on the trailing edge of the rear window.

Gripping the driver and front seat passenger are a set of sculpted sports seats bearing the R36 logo. The dashboard is finished in brushed aluminium panels set into which are a set of unique dials joined by a sports steering wheel and bespoke ‘R’ polished pedals.

Equipment levels, as with the standard Passat, remain high with ABS, ESP (Electronic Stabilisation Programme), Xenon headlights, 2Zone electronic climate control, a heated windscreen and seats, six airbags and a radio/CD player.

The R36 takes its place as the fastest production Passat with a claimed 0 to 62 mph time of 5.6 seconds. The estate version which, like the saloon, is fitted with 4MOTION all-wheel drive returns a time of 5.8 seconds. Both are electronically limited to maximum of 155 mph.

The Passat R36 makes its public debut at the Essen Motorshow on November 30th. Prices will be announced closer to the UK launch in 2007.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Volkswagen Passat R36 #2:
    Attached Images Attached Images

now thats an awesome car !!!, i would literaly kill for one like that
    a family car that can wipe any damn ricer!
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

That has got all the signs of a sports saloon. Big wheels, shiny exhausts and mid-life crisis bodykit... I can think of much better options than this...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

what would you prefer for that price tag and performace ?

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street
    what would you prefer for that price tag and performace ?
    As an all-rounder the Alfa Romeo 159 V6. For cheaper performance the Mondeo ST220. And if it's outright speed what you are after (without caring about anything else) there's always the Opel Vectra OPC.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    As an all-rounder the Alfa Romeo 159 V6. For cheaper performance the Mondeo ST220. And if it's outright speed what you are after (without caring about anything else) there's always the Opel Vectra OPC.
    the astra is a crap car, and its nowhere close to that price tag or can manage to hold it price value and the same goes for the alfa, the ST220 is no where near a powerful

the astra is a crap car, and its nowhere close to that price tag or can manage to hold it price value and the same goes for the alfa, the ST220 is no where near a powerful
    First it's not an Astra but a Vectra, secondly the OPC costs 34.750 € here and it does 260km/h. The 3.2-litre Passat already costs 38.080 € and the R36 is going to be more expensive. So if you're after bang for buck the Vectra seems to be a much better buy (not that I'd choose one, having other options rather than the VW and the Opel).

The Ford is a fine sports saloon, much underated. It's true it's a lot less powerful than the Passat, but it's also much more cheaper, and it looks a lot better in my opinion. Perfomance is adquate and handling is said to be brilliant.

And finally the Alfa. This is the one I'd choose. First of all it comes with a proper manual. Secondly it looks exactly a million times better than the Passat R36. And finally the 4WD system is a lot more sofisticated than the Haldex arrangement in the Passat. It's very probably going to be cheaper than the R36 and saying I've got an Alfa is a lot cooler than saying I've got a VW.
    Visca Catalunya!

that'll prob cost £35k here in Britain, and it's very nice. If it's a very good car then i'm sure it'll sell ok. After all the R32 is very popular here, and some people with families who still want a good 5 seater with a big boot but still want a nice, fun, fast car to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    First it's not an Astra but a Vectra, secondly the OPC costs 34.750 € here and it does 260km/h. The 3.2-litre Passat already costs 38.080 € and the R36 is going to be more expensive. So if you're after bang for buck the Vectra seems to be a much better buy (not that I'd choose one, having other options rather than the VW and the Opel).

The Ford is a fine sports saloon, much underated. It's true it's a lot less powerful than the Passat, but it's also much more cheaper, and it looks a lot better in my opinion. Perfomance is adquate and handling is said to be brilliant.

And finally the Alfa. This is the one I'd choose. First of all it comes with a proper manual. Secondly it looks exactly a million times better than the Passat R36. And finally the 4WD system is a lot more sofisticated than the Haldex arrangement in the Passat. It's very probably going to be cheaper than the R36 and saying I've got an Alfa is a lot cooler than saying I've got a VW.
    about the soffistication i cant argue, but the resaults can speak for them selves, i've never seen a comparison between the two but one might come in the future. but VW has alot more credit when it comes to offroading and 4WD handeling...

and i totaly got confused with the Astra, but non the less its like you said, its cooled to say you have a VW then an Opel...

about the soffistication i cant argue, but the resaults can speak for them selves, i've never seen a comparison between the two but one might come in the future. but VW has alot more credit when it comes to offroading and 4WD handeling...

and i totaly got confused with the Astra, but non the less its like you said, its cooled to say you have a VW then an Opel...
    Well it's Audi who has the true reputation concerning 4 wheel drive systems for road cars. And in their longitudinal engined cars (the proper Quattros) they use a 4WD system that's a generation below Alfa's. And the Passat is just a front wheel drive car that sometimes drives the rear wheels. In that respect then, the Alfa is better, not the best (in my opinion it's better a proper front engined, rear wheel drive layout), but defintely better than the Volkswagen.

About the Vectra, I know I shouldn't, but secretly I love it. I can't help thinking that there's something deeply cool in a Vectra that's faster than a Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG...
    Visca Catalunya!

its an rs4 with a vw badge

Thread Information