Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lamborghini LM

lamborghini LM

How would you feel if lamborghini made another jeep?, I think it would be awesome; murcielago engine, audi quattro system.....

That would actually suck big time. The V12 would mean that the bonnet would have to be extra long basically restricting the rear space. Then with the Quattro system and all those other bits you get in 4x4 Audis what you would actually be buying is an over-powered, fuel guzzling, cramped, badly distributed, Lambo badged Audi. Theres a reason why Lambo dont make anything other than Supercars.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9Vantage
    That would actually suck big time. The V12 would mean that the bonnet would have to be extra long basically restricting the rear space. Then with the Quattro system and all those other bits you get in 4x4 Audis what you would actually be buying is an over-powered, fuel guzzling, cramped, badly distributed, Lambo badged Audi. Theres a reason why Lambo dont make anything other than Supercars.
    Why did they make it before, and quite successfully I might add?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

They could throw the engine in the back, cuz in the old LM's they had a big open boot well they could fit it there, and who cares about fuel guzzling when you're rich enough for a Lamborghini who cares about fuel costs.

they made it before because they wanted to sell it for US army, but humvee was better for americans. in fact idea wasnt really good - even with lambo engine and 4wd it was slow and consumpted much petrol- four LM002s wheels weights 1 tone so it has to be very, very heavy. on picture there is lamborghini cheetah (LM002 prototype) with rockets on roof
    Attached Images Attached Images

Matt : It wasn't successful .. they cut production short because of lack of demand and criticts critisized it for being under-average towards its spec.

R34 : Fuel consumption was a problem because the fuel tank wasn't that large. And if you put the engine in the back the front would have to be short like a Pikes car so that you could actually handle it because on rough terrain the bias tends to be required to be at the front for many reason (ie. Body Roll, Whole body roll ect)

theres the photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really DB9 you should stop talking about all the cons it'll have who cares
    it's a Lambo. and if ever produced It will be the most awesome 4x4 off terrain vehicle the world has ever seen.

BTW here's a link to a prototype design for a new LM:

http://www.lambocars.com/others/lm003.htm

it's the lm 003 borneo/galileo

Quote Originally Posted by R34GTR
    Really DB9 you should stop talking about all the cons it'll have who cares
    it's a Lambo. and if ever produced It will be the most awesome 4x4 off terrain vehicle the world has ever seen....
    Given the fact that the first one was a disaster by ALL measures on what basis do you claim a replacement would be any better ?
    I sense Lambo-fanboy

ADDED: 300 odd units sold to the wealthiest people in the world at very little profit is a minor success of marketing tho'
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 06-03-2004 at 10:35 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^Actually you're kinda right. But now with Audi helping them and Audi being experts at 4 wheel drive , they could make a realy good one, And even if it would be inpracticle and fuel guzzling, it would still be the coolest 4X4 around. and look at the hummer I don't think that's a practicle car and it also drinks diesel like it's water, and yet people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Why did they make it before, and quite successfully I might add?
    OK, so I was wrong about it being successful in a profitable sense.

However, it's 20 years old and we're sitting here talking about it. It does have some kind of aura about it. It's legendary in its excess.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Im not saying a Lambo Off-roader would be bad ... Im saying a Lambo Off-roader with the V12 off the Murcielago would be bad. The Gallardos V10 on the other hand .... If VW could do it with the Touareg then surely Lambo-Audi could do it. Although there is a reason Off-roaders aren't meant to be powerful (Take in mind 500bhp is hard to control in the wet; what will 500bhp be like on mud!)

dont condemn this idea to an early grave. just because the LM002 had several pitfalls, doesnt mean a future Lambo SUV would. the auto industry has evolved since then and if anyone has the technology/resources to produce a super-SUV surely Lamborghini would. i dont agree that it could have the mucielago's V12 but it sure could pack a punch.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Well i wouldn't really say Lambo had the skillis to make an SUV seeing as theyve only made 1. And I dont believe Audi have made an SUV ... just pioneered 4wd. Also ... There isnt really a huge market for a vehicle like this out of America so it most certainly wouldn't be worth their while.

You just have to remember its not money that goes into the production of the cars - its the money that goes into development and why would Lambo want to spend millions on a car which wont sell well globally when they could build a car that suits a more larger audience. Last time a sports car / supercar company built an SUV it turned out a real child scarer in the looks (cough .. Cheyene .. cough!)

It might have sucked ballz then but now,....with newer technology, and a better design team, they could probably pull off a strong ass jeep. jsut think about the horsepower.

Thread Information