Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citroën C4 (2nd gen) 2010-2018

Citroën C4 (2nd gen) 2010-2018

New C4 #3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

At first I didn't know what was wrong with the car. It was dull and boring, but not offensive. Now I know what happens with it. It's the new ZX.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

wipe the s..t from your eyes please. Just because of this little third window? It is just a stretched C3.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

did they facelift 3 door version too?

Quote Originally Posted by smxi View Post
    did they facelift 3 door version too?
    as yet unknown. The current 3-door will certainly be discontinued. It might be time for a decent wagon version as well.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The current 3-door will certainly be discontinued.
    Too bad... Though I never seen this car in person I always thought it looks very good...
    Last edited by smxi; 06-01-2010 at 07:01 AM.

I think the new one looks boring, and that's not what I suspected from Citroën
    In comparison with the current 5door this looks not so much different, but the current is already 6 years old and was quite stylish when it came out.

How must we see this blend styling next to the current C3 picasso that is wild and extravagant.
    Last edited by Duell; 06-01-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    I think the new one looks boring, and that's not what I suspected from Citroën
    In comparison with the current 5door this looks not so much different, but the current is already 3 years old and was quite stylish when it came out.

How must we see this blend styling next to the current C3 picasso that is wild and extravagant.
    Boredom is a concept that has made the Golf a bestseller for many years....and you know that extravaganza is not a quality that is appreciated in the Dutch market, especially by the lease companies, (and also not by the popular Dutch magazines, which are very German oriented)

The problem this is a Citroën not a Volkswagen. It doesn't matter how boring it looks, it won't sell for its objective qualities. It's like the Alfa Romeo 159 or the Citroën C5, no one cares if they are good cars because they aren't german.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The problem this is a Citroën not a Volkswagen. It doesn't matter how boring it looks, it won't sell for its objective qualities. It's like the Alfa Romeo 159 or the Citroën C5, no one cares if they are good cars because they aren't german.
    and it won't sell either if had been made more extravagant. It is still not German. We can say a lot about the Belgians, but at least here the three French brands take the top three in sales....
    Just an example how Dutch magazine deal with French cars.
    They tested the C3 Picasso and while admitting that it was very comfortable, had a lot of space and was rather frugal (1.6VTI), they then went on to say the steering was not exact enough, too light and the lateral support was not good enough, just matching the three positive points with three negative points. Now somebody should have told them that they were testing a family car and not a sportscar.

I agree with smxi, I always thought the 3-door was a very handsome well-done affair. It'd be a shame if they blob it like this or drop it.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

The two-door was also intended as the WRC weapon of choice. As next year this role will be played by the DS3, the urge for a two-door is less great. A break is a much more desirable version, but then again there are already the C4 Picasso version which do sell very well.

That's a shame, but understandable. Though, to me, it does seem a little odd that they would rally their premium small car instead of their more plebeian. Isn't the DS3 also somewhat-significantly larger than the C4 or is that just due to styling bloat?
    Also do the DS3 and the C4 share platforms?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    That's a shame, but understandable. Though, to me, it does seem a little odd that they would rally their premium small car instead of their more plebeian. Isn't the DS3 also somewhat-significantly larger than the C4 or is that just due to styling bloat?
    Also do the DS3 and the C4 share platforms?
    the DS3 is the smaller car, based on the revised C3 introduced last year.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and it won't sell either if had been made more extravagant. It is still not German. We can say a lot about the Belgians, but at least here the three French brands take the top three in sales....
    Just an example how Dutch magazine deal with French cars.
    They tested the C3 Picasso and while admitting that it was very comfortable, had a lot of space and was rather frugal (1.6VTI), they then went on to say the steering was not exact enough, too light and the lateral support was not good enough, just matching the three positive points with three negative points. Now somebody should have told them that they were testing a family car and not a sportscar.
    Well then frenchies usually take the top honors in the sales charts here as well. I think this is basically for three reasons, they are cheap, they are close culturally and we have (almost, there's Seat but no one likes that) no important car industry. This can be applied to most countries surrounding France that share those characterstics.

In any case, my point was, you are not going to beat the Germans at their own game. It has been tried before and all of the attemps have failed. Unfortunately, I doubt this will be any different.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information