Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: are there any cars that can match up?

hmmm interesting

fpv_gtho

that is interesting
    where did u find that ?

because they also got the 2.5 in the old shape,

I find it hard to believe that america gets its own engine due to emission standards...why not just limit the engine out like they do in japan.

any how could you please let us know where you heard that.

nope US cars cannot compete in the world.

http://www.cadillaceurope.com/

i got it out of wheels magazine

and do u really think that if its no replacement for displacement in america that a 2.5L would make a difference over a 2.0L?

FPV so far as I know the focus rally car is still produced in europe. as for their domestic passenger cars, i don't know, i suppose that the us may assemble their own. it doesn't change the point that the focus is a german car, and the rally car certainly has nothing to do with Ford US. Actually that is what I like about ford. They have a multinational approach to the global market. Anyway...

I dont actually get what you are asking 92greengt. what fordmonster says is sort of what i meant. sort of. basically, power is a function of torque and revs. if torque in a motor peaks at 2500 rpm in one motor, and all other things equal peaks to the same number at 5000 rpm, then the second engine will produce double the power. In any engine torque can only stay flat for a limited time, and as revs increase, torque drops off. In an OHV engine this is generally earlier than in a well built OHC cam motor, which is why OHV is ultimately less efficient. Having said that OHV motors are nice and light and if built properly do a good enough job, provided, as in US vehicles, they are backed with plenty of displacement.

If the US motor giants put money into making OHC lighter and stronger then these engines would show their much greater potential.
    Last edited by Nildo; 07-14-2003 at 08:55 PM.

fpv_gtho

for people who race in circles 500cc is proburaly fine.

As far as I know Japanhas much higher emission restrictions that the US.

Originally posted by FordMonster
    A Cobra R.

Do you not know what a Cobra R is????
    Yes... and you would be a fool to buy one over a Z06.
    Jay 13.3 @ 109 stock.

Re: fpv_gtho

Originally posted by guyt_x
    for people who race in circles 500cc is proburaly fine.

As far as I know Japanhas much higher emission restrictions that the US.
    I already said I am not wasting my time with long explanations on this guy, but...

No, Japan does not have higher emissions restrictions than the USA. There is a reason why cars like the Skyline are not sold in America... and that is precisely it.
    Jay 13.3 @ 109 stock.

total waste of time

you guys have completely ruined what could have been a very interesting and informative thread. you turned it to a stupid bashing contest that is an absolute waste of time.

however i must note that very few people posted proper submissions, i'd say 95% of the thread is B.S

Re: total waste of time

Originally posted by Misho
    you guys have completely ruined what could have been a very interesting and informative thread. you turned it to a stupid bashing contest that is an absolute waste of time.

however i must note that very few people posted proper submissions, i'd say 95% of the thread is B.S
    If you are talking about guyt_x, then you are correct. If that was directed at all of us, then perhaps you could enlighten us to your infinite wisdom.
    Jay 13.3 @ 109 stock.

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    Yes... and you would be a fool to buy one over a Z06.
    Its a special edition Mustang. They only made them in certain years. If I had a choice, yes I would buy one over a Z06, just beacuse they are rare, special edition cars.
    Give it hell.

Re: total waste of time

I would say this whole thread is BS, it starts out with the assumption that American engines are bad.

To answer the original question of the thread

Yes, the ford 5.0L "Cammer" gets 425-430 HP.

Originally posted by FordMonster
    Its a special edition Mustang. They only made them in certain years. If I had a choice, yes I would buy one over a Z06, just beacuse they are rare, special edition cars.
    If you are talking about collectibility, and rarity... then I understand.
    Jay 13.3 @ 109 stock.

its obvious

I am not going to point out any names, but i think its pretty obvious who's talking nonsense and who's worth listening to, at least in this thread !!

Regarding my wisdom, its not exactly infinite yet. Its a lot more than you can imagine though !!

Re: its obvious

I am not going to point out any names, but i think its pretty obvious who's talking nonsense and who's worth listening to, at least in this thread !!

Regarding my wisdom, its not exactly infinite yet. Its a lot more than you can imagine though !!
    Fair enough. I do get defensive when I have to defend American cars honor so to speak. I prefer them, affordable and the performance I want. If you noticed I have not bashed any other countries cars. I would love to drive a s2000, or a Skyline, or from Europe a BMW M3, or a Vanquish. (Exotics don't really do it for me)

The tone of the thread was hostile to begin with, almost a challenges. Each country has there good points and bad points of cars.
    It would be like me going over to the Asian thread and say they cannot compete, try finding me a stock Asian car that runs high 9's in the 1/4 mile like the 68 Hemi Barracuda? Hell thats better than a McLaren, and in 1967, damn, the US must produce the best cars in the world. We all know this is just one aspect of a car, and just because the US does it better than most others, does not make it a superior vehicle. SO please understand the hostile tone some have taken.

Thread Information