Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 / 2013 Formula 1 Silly Season

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    I enjoy watching Kamui, I like they way he opperates however, I think he has hit a bit of a wall this season. His run at Japan was good but qually results are not spectacular... Maybe the Sauber isnt the best on the short run but still. If I was him I would be slightly concerned for the future... Possibly a seat in the #7 TS030 for the 2013 Le Mans isnt out of the question for him.

BTW, its nice to be back on here... been a little too long!
    Indeed. Good to see you back!

Kamui seems a bit less agressive. The Sauber has also had very variable showings on race weekends. I would love to see Kamui in a #2 seat at a more top team (RB, Lotus) but I don't see that happening.

Maybe he will get the chance at a seat in a year or two's time, but he may well be headed for a seat in the 030.

Sauber is lacking a bit of funding, if Kamui loses the seat, it'll likely not because lacking talent, but rather money...

I think Sauber's team principle mentioned something quite interesting at Korea about the relative performance between Kamui and Sergio. Races where Sergio did well, Kamui qualified better(into Q3), but as a result his strategic option was more limited and thus can't be more adventurous with tire call, and the car's running in a straight fight often doesn't quite have the pace compare to the first rung team so it can be caught out in the race. Japan was rare in that they had a good start, car was reliable and he actually was able to hold off faster cars.

While no doubt Perez is a great future star, his rise to McLaren probably still have some help with his massive Mexican telecom money....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I think Telmex is still on the hook for next year at Sauber, hence why Guiterrez may be there next year. After that, I can imagine them backing McLaren.

It's not as though Checo is bad though; he is a real talent. It just seems that maybe now in F1, the distinction between pay drivers and pay drivers is becoming harder to determine. You need amazing speed and amazing money.

The backing of the world's richest man is most certainly a big tick in the box... Money still drives F1 no matter how hard we try and forget it...
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Has Robert Kubica recovered from his rally accident? Has his window of opportunity in F1 passed?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

He is racing in regional Rally events(!) in Italy as part of his recovery process to racing. He actually won a couple of them....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    The backing of the world's richest man is most certainly a big tick in the box... Money still drives F1 no matter how hard we try and forget it...
    Kobayashi's fans have apparently raised over $1.5 million to get him into a race for 2013!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I wonder how much money he'll need though....considering most stickers that you see on cars are over $5 million per season, and I remember reading Montoya's interview in the past that he needed to raise something like $1 million for a ride in F3000 in the late 90s....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    He is racing in regional Rally events(!) in Italy as part of his recovery process to racing. He actually won a couple of them....
    He's doing a great job. I doubt we will ever see him racing in Formula 1 again (the only way I could see him connected with F1 is doing some demo runs or testing, to be fair), but in rally he could do very well taking his current record into account.

I think Charles Pic has a great future as a rolling chicane and as a backmarker to keep the grids filled.

Anyways, what's the deal with him? Still got money for next season? A part of me wants to see him succeed, the other half is content with making cheap jokes.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Pic? Was he bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Kobayashi's fans have apparently raised over $1.5 million to get him into a race for 2013!
    Yeah, with who but? A very serious question!
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Kamui is out, apparently with his campaign it spurred on some Japanese companies on board. And he said he had as much as $8 mil Euro secured. But most rides have been taken already....he is aiming for 2014 return....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

It would be nice if Kubica never hurt himself and had a seat, as well as Kamui.

Thread Information