View Poll Results: How much modification is acceptable?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bone-stock only!

2 7.14%
  • It's a case-by-case matter

20 71.43%
  • Light utilitarian modifications are acceptable

3 10.71%
  • I want my car to be unique and mine! Modified and tailored to my needs is the only way

3 10.71%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Modification

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    I was sure you changed C5 for 508 lately...
    no chance, the C5 will be with us for a while and 508 has these rather stupid metal springs.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Case by case... imo a lot has to do with the car that you own. I "modified" my Civic as a teenager (headers, air filter, exhaust, wheels, a few cosmetics, etc..) and it was THE biggest waste of money whereas doing the same on my current car would give me great results and would make a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    no chance, the C5 will be with us for a while and 508 has these rather stupid metal springs.
    Why roll on metal when you can float on air?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Well act quickly then because those silly metal springs are infesting the C5 range as well...

Uncomfortable Citroën, who would've thought we would see them...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

What do you guys think of this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e69KpSFY8aY&feature=related"]The Making of RWB Bangkok - YouTube[/ame]

He cuts up old 911s to give them ludicrous body kits, but I think it looks pretty cool. It also reminds me of the CTR Yellow Birds, which probably inspired these kits.

I usually cringe when people cut up nice cars. It's one thing if it's a rusted hulk and you use it to make a hot rod, it's another to cut up an original car, like what Chip Foose usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

The Making of RWB Bangkok - YouTube

He cuts up old 911s to give them ludicrous body kits, but I think it looks pretty cool. It also reminds me of the CTR Yellow Birds, which probably inspired these kits.

I usually cringe when people cut up nice cars. It's one thing if it's a rusted hulk and you use it to make a hot rod, it's another to cut up an original car, like what Chip Foose usually does.
    Agree with modifying otherwise non-fixable classics.
    But taking beautiful classics like they (Chip and RWB Bangkok) do, is just plane evil!
    If you are going to modify, don't cut in the cars, replace. So some else can restore the cars at some point!
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

911's are mass produced sportscars, who cares if he cuts some up to make a street machine esque bruiser
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    911's are mass produced sportscars, who cares if he cuts some up to make a street machine esque bruiser
    Yes, it is, but the older they get, the more rare they become. Therefor no need to make the model even rarer.
    It's ok that he modifies, but why cut, when you can replace!
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Yellow bird is actually a narrow body car.....

RWB is really kinda like the whole stretch, poke and stance crowd though, only for the old Porsche(they do other brand as well, but Porsche is their famous work)...crazy wide fender, deep dish wheels, stretch tires, tucked under those fender....while I like their inspiration from the old school racing Porsche, they all are a bit much...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Tasteful modifications, OK. Cut up a rusted hulk, OK. But a good original is a good original, and I would like to cut up the owners who cut up cars like that.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    Yes, it is, but the older they get, the more rare they become. Therefor no need to make the model even rarer.
    It's ok that he modifies, but why cut, when you can replace!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Tasteful modifications, OK. Cut up a rusted hulk, OK. But a good original is a good original, and I would like to cut up the owners who cut up cars like that.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not a fan of non period modifications too- large 20 inch wheels on old Mustangs is a very egregious mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Yellow bird is actually a narrow body car.....

RWB is really kinda like the whole stretch, poke and stance crowd though, only for the old Porsche(they do other brand as well, but Porsche is their famous work)...crazy wide fender, deep dish wheels, stretch tires, tucked under those fender....while I like their inspiration from the old school racing Porsche, they all are a bit much...
    Maybe it's the CTR2 then that I'm thinking about...

But heck, all Porsches have big butts.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not a fan of non period modifications too- large 20 inch wheels on old Mustangs is a very egregious mistake.

Maybe it's the CTR2 then that I'm thinking about...

But heck, all Porsches have big butts.
    We like big butted Porsches
    But they most remain original.
    If one wants a widebody 993, buy this:

A Porsche 993 GT2 Evo
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Or if you want wider than that...

Roock 993 GT2....circa late 90s FIA GT2...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

mustang and porsche have been produced into the millions, people can do whatever they want with them and not have to worry about originality.
    the FT86 is pretty much capitilising on this blank slate philosophy too..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    mustang and porsche have been produced into the millions, people can do whatever they want with them and not have to worry about originality.
    the FT86 is pretty much capitilising on this blank slate philosophy too..
    There is no way we are going to be agreeing on this.
    But just because it was produced in the millions in the 70's-80's does by far mean that there is a million now!
    My personal favorite is a Peugeot 205 1,9 GTI. A car sold in huge numbers, but because many has been trashed by reckless drivers who put them in trees or made irreversible modifications to them, they are becoming a more and more rare car by the day! - That's a 22 year old car.
    Imagine the same to a car +40 years. The millions is likely down 10,000's.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Thread Information