View Poll Results: How much modification is acceptable?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bone-stock only!

    2 7.14%
  • It's a case-by-case matter

    20 71.43%
  • Light utilitarian modifications are acceptable

    3 10.71%
  • I want my car to be unique and mine! Modified and tailored to my needs is the only way

    3 10.71%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Car Modification

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
    Posts
    16,254
    i'd rather see the car modified and used than original and kept in a climate controlled garage.
    i modify every one of my cars, some to make them more useable today, some to go faster or to change to my tastes.
    the end result is that i use them often, rather than have an all original matching numbers car hiding under a car cover in the shed!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i'd rather see the car modified and used than original and kept in a climate controlled garage.
    i modify every one of my cars, some to make them more useable today, some to go faster or to change to my tastes.
    the end result is that i use them often, rather than have an all original matching numbers car hiding under a car cover in the shed!
    There's a big difference in wanting to keep a car original, and parking it in a Garage and never use it!
    My future 205, will be used when ever i need to drive. But i will only use original parts for the car when ever something needs to be fixed.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    in the 30 years i've been driving i have never had a stock standed car everyone i have modified in some form or another. i think i must have a disese or mental problems,i'm with clutch on this one

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    There's a big difference in wanting to keep a car original, and parking it in a Garage and never use it!
    My future 205, will be used when ever i need to drive. But i will only use original parts for the car when ever something needs to be fixed.
    Good luck with that...

    I'd be very surprised there is one that hasn't had the dash crack and the rear parcel shelf rot away to nothing...

    What about parts where there is no original?

    I'd be very surprised if Pug still stocks original CV joints, or if you can get a tyre in the same spec as the originals
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Good luck with that...

    I'd be very surprised there is one that hasn't had the dash crack and the rear parcel shelf rot away to nothing...

    What about parts where there is no original?

    I'd be very surprised if Pug still stocks original CV joints, or if you can get a tyre in the same spec as the originals
    Peugeot still deliver all parts for the 205.
    I believe the 205 tools are still in operation somewhere in the developing countries. In the same way as you can still buy a brand new 505 i Egypt.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    mustang and porsche have been produced into the millions, people can do whatever they want with them and not have to worry about originality.
    the FT86 is pretty much capitilising on this blank slate philosophy too..
    ^ what he said.

    I need to go find myself a Vauxhall Astra from the mid 90's to stick in a garage. Damn thing will be worth a fortune one day.
    Turning money into memories.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    ^ what he said.

    I need to go find myself a Vauxhall Astra from the mid 90's to stick in a garage. Damn thing will be worth a fortune one day.
    Rasmus, to you and me that's an Opel
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    Rasmus, to you and me that's an Opel
    I've seen the later model Astra badge as everything from Saturn over Chevrolet to Vauxhall, Holden, and Opel.

    I prefer Vauxhall, though. It's got a griffin in the emblem. A griffin!
    Turning money into memories.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    I've seen the later model Astra badge as everything from Saturn over Chevrolet to Vauxhall, Holden, and Opel.

    I prefer Vauxhall, though. It's got a griffin in the emblem. A griffin!
    True .
    I based it on your danish origins.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Posts
    4,138
    If I had gotten that CTS-V from the local Cad dealer a few years ago, I would have modded the living Jesus out of it.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

    Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mercedes-Benz C111 Research Car 1969-1979
    By Matt in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-21-2015, 10:35 PM
  2. Custom Ferrari
    By Cyco in forum Classic cars
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 02:04 AM
  3. She drives like a Chick
    By Niko_Fx in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 06:22 PM
  4. the offical Karrmann rice alert log thread.
    By Karrmann in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 04:45 PM
  5. Manual Transmission
    By Orefus in forum Technical forums
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 10:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •