Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Maserati Quattroporte (VI) 2013-

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post

    Can somebody name a modern sedan that looks beautiful and has (subjectively) all the details right?
    Jaguar XJ

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Delft
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Jaguar XJ
    Although I agree with you on the XJ.
    When it was launched it wasn't greeted by everyone with such enthusiasm.
    Some said Jaguar had lost it with it radical redesign of its classic XJ.

    I think this Quattroporte just needs time ....
    It definetly has Masserati characteristics.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Jaguar XJ
    when I saw your post I had to sit down and remember how the new one looks. I failed and I had to search for pictures...
    Here's Jay Leno being shown around...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    where the oranges grow
    Posts
    319
    I don't know if I see anything specific like "Korean" or "Jaguar" but I do agree that it lacks the sex appeal of the old model, which was an instant classic imo.

    The previous generation and a half were undeniably Italian in their styling, which is what set the Quattroporte apart from the other fast saloon cars. This I feel this generation blends in more with the Germans and the British. But that may even end up selling them more cars.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    when I saw your post I had to sit down and remember how the new one looks. I failed and I had to search for pictures...
    Here's Jay Leno being shown around...
    I feel that it's got some character and the taillights are definitely unique. It looks beautiful/handsome to me without being too much like the rest

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Delft
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Here is a side shot of the current car, and set-off against the new one, the bonnet is shorter, because the overhang has been reduced. (the engine sits way back behind the front axle) The side windows of the old one look very similar to the 3200 GT, as does the rear part.
    I've copy and pasted the old and new one together for comparison.
    Used the old Quattroporte GTS because that one also has 20" wheels like the new one. This way I got them side to side with some extra lines.
    Almost as big as it's predecessor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954
    I like the lower roofline on the new one

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    I've copy and pasted the old and new one together for comparison.
    Used the old Quattroporte GTS because that one also has 20" wheels like the new one. This way I got them side to side with some extra lines.
    Almost as big as it's predecessor.
    nice, so it is a shorter car with a longer wheelbase. I think somebody said the wheels are too small...20 inch is already ridiculously big. The problem is that the waistline is too high (or the glass house is too low) but that seems to be the main design feature of these days.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    nice, so it is a shorter car with a longer wheelbase. I think somebody said the wheels are too small...20 inch is already ridiculously big. The problem is that the waistline is too high (or the glass house is too low) but that seems to be the main design feature of these days.
    Due to safety regulations from Japan and Europe. C and D had a nice article on this, which I think I already mentioned.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Due to safety regulations from Japan and Europe. C and D had a nice article on this, which I think I already mentioned.
    Other interpretations of those same safety rules have resulted in more elegant cars...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    I've copy and pasted the old and new one together for comparison.
    Hey Duell, I think you are comparing wrong cars here.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Other interpretations of those same safety rules have resulted in more elegant cars...
    Show me!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,584
    Yeah, I don't think the frontal height regulations have been good for designs at all.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
    Posts
    16,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    New Mazda 6.

    BMW 6er Gran Coupé (almost...).
    i actually think the ford falcon still looks quite well done, though if you want a lesson on how not to do it you don't have to go very far.. just to the other side of the road to see the HSV camp lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,315
    Never been too much of a fan of the current XJ. It's not 7er F01-like bad, but while it is certainly distinctive it's not as cohesive as the XF, even if the XF is more "plain-looking".

    And the blacked-out C-pillars are a no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i actually think the ford falcon still looks quite well done, though if you want a lesson on how not to do it you don't have to go very far.. just to the other side of the road to see the HSV camp lol
    Ford Falcon isn't bad certainly, altough I still think that the new Mazda 6 is better, possibly the best looking saloon currently on sale.

    Another favourite saloon of mine is the Infiniti M/Nissan Fuga.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gran Turismo 5
    By Sauc3 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 03:16 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 12:33 PM
  3. Maserati GranTurismo MC (GT4) (2009)
    By LeonOfTheDead in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
  4. Hide-Out Index
    By Sauc3 in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 02:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •