Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray 2013-2019

Looks good to me.

The colouring of the roof panels is odd though and the area around the door handles/fuel filler/air vents is rather busy.
    Also, the interior does look busy and oddly laid out.

The tail light is the one people talk about as a departure from the tradition, but I find the addition of the small side window and an actual C-pillar behind the door being a much greater departure from the norm...I think its a very good looking car. The back is a bit busy but I always thought the C4-C6 has their tail too plain without too much feature to break up the slab of fiberglass...This is a bit extreme though...

The interior is nice, the digital gauges are dynamic and new looking(even with 80s LED style tach option). Much like all Corvette's too, its GM's best know-how in one car again. Coming off dynamic homeruns such as the C6 Grand Sport, ZL1, ATS and SS 1LE, this should be a good drive too....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Ferrer,
    The late C1s were the first with the quad lights. The early C1s had just a pair of round lights.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    The design is not really that similar to the 599. It's just as similar to the C6 which was out before the 599. The use of round tail lights would hardly be a theft from Ferrari given that this is the first Corvette in perhaps ever to not used round/roundish tail lights (the later C4 being rounded squares). The Viper design team would have more cause for complaint except that the Viper came out only a few months earlier and thus it wasn't long enough for the Corvette team to steal the design.
    Oh no i'm not saying that Chevy would've stolen the round taillight design from Ferrari, Corvettes kinda have the trademark of round taillights since the C3 (C1 and C2 had round taillights too i know but so did every other car on the road at that time) I'm just saying that the 599 has round taillights too and to put round taillights on this car would've made it look even more like the 599.

If Ferrari would do a redesign and new evolution of the 599 this would basically be the end result. It's got the shape of the 599 and the nose of the F12berlinetta. The Viper has the same nose but the Viper was released close enough to the F12 that it was probably just a coincidence that they had similar fronts and the rest of the Viper didn't look anything like a Ferrari. This car angers me though. They even went red with black rims for the release.

Ferrer,
    The late C1s were the first with the quad lights. The early C1s had just a pair of round lights.
    I meant this one.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think it looks great. Rear 3/4 view is superb.

Interior is horrible, still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I meant this one.
    I don't think those covers on those lights are stock. The 53 had a pair of prominent round lights.
    http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/wp-cont...11/06/53_2.jpg

The 57 had recessed round lights. I think in your picture then have put a cover over the lights similar to say the cover over the round headlights of the later E type. I don't think the cover was ever a factory GM thing.
    http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4016/4...6c85257e_n.jpg

The 57 had recessed round lights. I think in your picture then have put a cover over the lights similar to say the cover over the round headlights of the later E type. I don't think the cover was ever a factory GM thing.
    http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4016/4...6c85257e_n.jpg
    "The cover thing" was a standard fitment for ´58, ´59 and ´60 Corvettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    "The cover thing" was a standard fitment for ´58, ´59 and ´60 Corvettes.
    OK, well it's still kind of round . Still, the quad light look didn't start until I guess '61.

Not sure about the Camaro lights in the back, I guess I'll have to wait and see the car in person... but overall it looks amazing, great-looking Corvette without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Overall shape and design completely stolen from Ferrari and the 599, the taillights aren't round to avoid a complete copy
    I remember when the 599 first came out, there were remarks as to how the 599 looked like a Corvette with flying buttresses.

The Vette has always been as sexy as anything on the road. Im elated that the interior has been refreshed! No more Chevy Blazer interiors..... Thank you!!! Notice how they dont compare Vettes w Porche anymore. Only Ferraris now.

I think both Ferrari and Corvette should continue with round lights, it is just a major part of the car that is recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Oh no i'm not saying that Chevy would've stolen the round taillight design from Ferrari, Corvettes kinda have the trademark of round taillights since the C3 (C1 and C2 had round taillights too i know but so did every other car on the road at that time) I'm just saying that the 599 has round taillights too and to put round taillights on this car would've made it look even more like the 599.

If Ferrari would do a redesign and new evolution of the 599 this would basically be the end result. It's got the shape of the 599 and the nose of the F12berlinetta. The Viper has the same nose but the Viper was released close enough to the F12 that it was probably just a coincidence that they had similar fronts and the rest of the Viper didn't look anything like a Ferrari tire. This car angers me though. They even went red with black rims for the release.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible

First picture is a animated gif.

Thread Information