Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Veneno

Lamborghini Veneno

So, I've never been much of a fan of Lamborghini since they were bought out in the late 90's, but this takes the cake on the most-ridiculous list.

My god...

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...005241756.html

http://jalopnik.com/more-photos-of-t...neno-450899107

This is very Lamborghini. Completely OTT, scoops, wings, massive V12 and so on and so forth. And yet I can't get to like it. I don't know why, but it's just a no this time, Lambo.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And yet I can't get to like it.
    Is this even a surprise?

Fits the company, both the company(Lamborghini) and the company it keeps(Huayra, P1, new Enzo thing). With that context I think the look and the over the top nature is completely justifiable....Also considering how dramatic I think Aventador looks(relative to its Murcielago predecessor), the exclusive model needs to be that much more ridiculous...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I don't think I'll believe this is real until I see the production car sitting in front of me. This is awful. It's looks like the kind of rendering that you would see in the first section of Road & Track.

Sure, the Huayra, P1, new Enzo thing, and even the Aventador are all stupid and over-the-top but I feel like they all do so while being somewhat tasteful. There is nothing good to be said about this.

This is very Lamborghini. Completely OTT, scoops, wings, massive V12 and so on and so forth. And yet I can't get to like it. I don't know why, but it's just a no this time, Lambo.
    Because it's ugly as hell?

This looks like the Countach if they'd skipped the initial good-looking years and gone immediately on to the horrible '80s ones. They've just tacked shit to any available surface.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Fits the company, both the company(Lamborghini) and the company it keeps(Huayra, P1, new Enzo thing). With that context I think the look and the over the top nature is completely justifiable....Also considering how dramatic I think Aventador looks(relative to its Murcielago predecessor), the exclusive model needs to be that much more ridiculous...
    I think that in this company... it's a bit... you know. What's the word? Ah yes, underpowered.

I mean only 750bhp?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think that in this company... it's a bit... you know. What's the word? Ah yes, underpowered.

I mean only 750bhp?
    Thats because this car is aimed at the millionaire multiple personality disorder crowd. Understated and overstated. How old news of Lamborghini.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Looks more like something that would come out of an aftermarket tuning shop (Gemballa, Hennessey, et al) than right out of the factory. I would have a hard time taking the owner of one of these seriously.

Looks as if the designers sat a bunch of 12 year old boys down and asked them to design a car... and then did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post

Looks as if the designers sat a bunch of 12 year old boys down and asked them to design a car
    My thoughts exactly. Go Speed Racer!

Wow, this is a very cool looking car.

I didn't even notice that it has a shark fin tail.

On the other hand, washing and detailing this car must be a pain in the ass, with all those louvers and vents and stuff.

And the little holes on the wheels.....washing wheels with that much features is a PITA....

First world problem? I supposed for those who can afford this, they can hire some 3rd world workers to do the work.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Because it's ugly as hell?

This looks like the Countach if they'd skipped the initial good-looking years and gone immediately on to the horrible '80s ones. They've just tacked shit to any available surface.
    Stop hating on the QV 5000!!! I never cared for the folded paper Countachi... Hate on haters!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    And the little holes on the wheels.....washing wheels with that much features is a PITA....

First world problem? I supposed for those who can afford this, they can hire some 3rd world workers to do the work.....
    1st world workers can clean this man. In fact, you can easily afford to wash this car with the blood of sacrificed 1st world virgins if you can buy it.

Yeah. So it has an auto, that is funny. It also isn't terribly light, which is really funny. Nice detail on the engine mass W, how did you get that? 520 lbs and 740 hp... Hmm. It is AWD, which I get, but weird.

I actually think it is for realz underpowered. And that is madness. 850+ is what something this mad should have - NA of course.

It looks silly. I think the idea of a crazy jet space fighter/Caparo T1/Red Bull X1/Sesto Elementoesque limited run Lamborghini could have been much cooler, but it needed to be lighter, more extreme, RWD, DSG, more powerful, less visually fat, and much less organically styled and instead more sharply creased.

It's cool that this exists and I was shocked to see the news, but I don't like the look. I wish I did!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow, this is a very cool looking car.

I didn't even notice that it has a shark fin tail.
    ...the Veneno was designed to come as close as possible to a Le Mans-quality race car
    Yup, fins and all. Although, this is the first Lamborghini that comes to mind with a fin.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

It doesn't look bad from that top down view, just from every other view...

It better come with a flux capacitor.

Thread Information