Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Politics

The thread is all about politics we dont need em out where we talk about cars so this is where you put yer opinions. I remind you im an American and an extremely patriotic and argumenitive one at dat.
    Proud to be an American. The few the proud The United States Marines!

Just to remind you all- sarcasm is the lowest form of wit though much more preferable to name-calling

Ding ding

Let the fight begin.

It is the people that make the country, not the country that makes the people

Racism was created through naivety and continues by stupidity

Nice riddles

Thanks for all the riddles there kudosdude, hope some peeple check this out so we can have a nice lil political dissagreement. Bring it on everyone!

just wondering where the US of A was when millions were killed in Rwanda and currently is as a similar slaughter is taking place in Congo. In other words the USA does not give a damn when leaders murder their own people, unless they have ulterior motives. (oil being one of them). In a way it is a pity the USSR no longer exists, that would may be restrain the likes as Wolfowitch and Pearle a little bit. This neo conservatism is currently the biggest thread to world peace and there seems to be nothing to stop them.

Just a question to Chevy, have you ever been in another country than the USA?

henk4

Yes ive been in another country before, ive been to South America and in Paris, why? And it is a shame the USSR ever existed, that country was the biggest mess ever. And why do you expect America to take on every friggen problem in the world that there is, why dont one of the other friggen countries in the world help out a lil and take care of some things. The reason we went after Iraq first was because they had the ability to kill many Americans, they were supporting terrorist groups (that includes the group who attacked our twin towers) by giving them money, weapons and safe harbor. If they supported the terrorist they were jus as much of a terrorist as the terrorist themselves. Thats that, whats next bud?

woops

I know dat Paris is not a country sorry, meant Paris, France.

First of al I don't think that Iraq has any massdestriction wapons, and they don't sell them to terrorists, because if they would why are terrorist using an airplane to kill americans, why not just bomb NY? don't get me wrong, i also think it's horrible what they did on 9/11, but i don't think the war in Iraq is justified by saying that they have the ability to attack america with those massdistruction wapons.
    And why does america still have nucleair boms when they are saying to every other country, we will attack you if you don't destroy them now, because you are a threat for world peace.
    I think america's vision on peace and freedom is a bit strange.
    don't you americans ever wonder why those terrorists attacked you, and not for example france?
    Last edited by Rob; 06-21-2003 at 06:58 AM.
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Hi Chevy, good to see that you have travelled. Hopefully you met a lot of South americans (Chileans or Argentineans) that were very happy that their previous US installed and supported military have disappeared. These generals killed thousands of their own citizens with the silent approval of the USA.
    I am happy to see that Sadam is gone, and yes he did murder a lot of his own citizens, but there are several more examples of such leadership elsewhere in the world. Nevertheless I find it slighlty ironic, and I think this issue has not been very much highlighted in the US media lately, that during Iraq's war with Iran, the USA fully supported Iraq, and also delivered a lot of the things that the regime was later accused op possessing. (and in fact used to poison a Kurdish village in the nineties). What I am trying to say is that between black and white there a numerous shades of grey, which is an concept that is diametrical against the Bush doctrine : Who is not for us is against us.

When I mentioned the USSR I let you in to make the mistake that I thought you would. I never said that I supported the USSR (although as Europeans we will never forget that the decisive battle in World War II was fought in Russia), but I just regretted the fact that with the demise of the USSR we have only one superpower left, which to my opinion is now having some problems with its responsibilities. Having been to almost all new independent states that emerged from the USSR I can tell you that not in every country the situation has improved since 1990.

Rob asked the question about whether you ever thought about the question why "terrorists" are after you. Just looking at the US policy with regards to Israel might provide you with some answers.

Let's try to keep this discussion fair and open. Listening is the best way to improve the world.

I fully support the Bush doctrine of who isnt for us is against us, its right. The reason terrorist attack us is not because of our government, it is because of their religon, that makes us out to be the devil, they refer to America as the great satan, they would like to see all Americans dead, even the kids, everyone, every last one of us, we are just trying to defend ourselves. And did you ever think that the war wasnt about oil, when if we wanted to we could of not supported iraq in the iran iraq war and we could have takin it over then for its oil?? Why should we have to take on every problem in the world, we may be the world power but dat doesnt mean we take care of the whole world. You act like every other country in the world is helpless. I think you should be extremely glad we are the only superpower left, the USSR would never have done anything to help another country, the USA is the most giving and caring country there is and ever was and will be, I think you would be complaining a lot more if the USSR was the only superpower left and not the US, you need to rethink what yer saying..

With the U.S.S.R still in position, we would have had a nice balance of left/right thought patterns on the world today. No-one doubts the shambles that Russia was in at that time but at least it gave us a choice, at the moment America is the only option.
    And for the record, it's certain religious leaders which claim America is the devil, not the whole of the Islam race. If you think that than many Americans practising Islam will hate the very ground they walk on and the flag they swear on. outfits such as Al-Qaeda are carrying out Terrorist attacks simply due to the fact that they are unhappy about what is going on. Osama Bin Laden is really unhappy about the Saudi-Arabian govt's decision to allow an American Military base onto his home land, and he sees it as the start of an invasion, so he does what he can to stop it. His means may be questionable but his message isn't. This does not mean i support him (as an australian i was touched by the Bali Bombings and do not support any terrorist group of any kind) but i do understand where he is coming from.
    i'll just go off topic here for a moment but does everyone remember the appointed leader of Afghanistan (Name escapes me, sorry). well, as it turns out he was a figurehead of a major oil company trying desperately to get an oil pipeline built through Afghanistan, but the taliban were flatly refusing. Along comes 9/11 and the W.O.T and later his appoinment as leader, and the pipeline gets built. Strange coincidence it was freeing up oil reserves for the west (Namely America)? i think not.
    No ones doubting 9/11 was horrible. But more people are killed in political unrest everyday in other parts of the world, the only two differences are that this was in the U.S, and that it was televised. This countries leader is far more dangerous than anyone gives him credit for, but he seems to get away with murder simply becasue of the country he runs. is that really fair?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Well spoken, IB4R, the point I am trying to make is that the USA does interfere with sovereign states, but at will, there are few where they come with, sometimes constructed, arguments why they should do so and other countries they ignore. I agree that the USA should not deal with all countries, that should be left to the UN, but accepting that also means that even the actions of the US should be subjected to the opinion of the UN or the Safety Council. That's what this organisation is all about and that is why it is supported by so many countries.
    Chevy, the reason why the US could not take over Iraq during its conflict with Iran could have been that at that time the USSR was still in place.

As far as Mr. Bush is concerned, I am against him, but I am not against the USA. I think Bush is a puppet, with no free will and very much manipulated by the clique that once worked for his father. He was even elected against the will of the people who woted in majority for Gore, but due to the particular election system Bush won more states. (This is not even taking into account the Florida issue)

american are just dumb

cos they think they are always right and dont have open minds.

bush is retard who is being minipulated.

america is going to get so nuked when it tries that "invade and put someone in power who is in there best interest" shit.

and they make poo cars.

guytx

You're an idiot. If us Americans are so closed minded then why dont you open yer dumb ass mind to American cars, they are the best there is. And Bush is not a retard he is one of the best presidents we have ever had, everything he has done so far is right. And i hope you know America could kick yer countries ass without even tryin, so i wouldnt be sayin that we are gonna get so nuked, yer jus stupid. Dont get all mad cause we're the superpower herre!

You are both short sighted and you both only care about your own oppinion. Americans aren't dumb they just love their country, a bit to much maybe, and they have a president with a strange view on peace and freedom. thats all.
    I think Clinton was a better president for the USA because under his command the USA was a bit more social to other countries.

And chevy american cars are deffenetly not the best cars there are, it's just the kind of car you like, you think is the best, I like european cars and I think they are the best, but that wasn't the discussion in this tread.
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Originally posted by henk4
    [
    Let's try to keep this discussion fair and open. Listening is the best way to improve the world. [/B]
    Sorry guys (Chevy, Guyt) I amfraid your contributions do not meet my standards, this will be my last post in this thread.

Thread Information