Thread: Tata Nano a "peoples car" with small wheels is ridiculous!

Tata Nano a "peoples car" with small wheels is ridiculous!

Compare it with previous true people-cars
    the Ford T, Citroen 2CV and Volkswagen Beetle.

They all had big tires to be used in dirt roads.They were even better off road than some 4WD vehicles.

No wonder Tata "doesn't intend" to sell the Nano outside India.
    Nobody would buy it. It only sells in india as Tata pressures (bribes) some banks to provide easy loans for people who won't qualify for the loan otherwise, and probably won't pay it back. Sort of automotive subprime lending.

Add to all this its dismal quality.
    Compare it with the though Ford Ts, Beetles. Qualitywise even the 2CV surpasses the Nano.

Although I must admit making the Nano rear wheel drive was a wise decision.

It's a people's car specifically for a country that can't afford a better car. If it was bigger and better with bigger wheels, it would be even more expensive, making it less of a people's car.
    All about the t-tops

When did you get a chance to sit in it and view it's suspension/handling for city driving or rough roads , evaluate the quality of components and build and do the direct comparison ?

Kind of like Clarkson complaining about the crappy build quality of the interior of a Corvette, Mustang or Viper eh ? oh, wait he DID sit in all those

Now putting my tongue in cheek dig aside .... it is designed for a different market.
    Those markets will buy or not ( predict the former ) as it will or wont meet THEIR needs.

PS: original cars had even BIGGER wheels than the Model T. I did smile thinking of guys on the 1910s equivalent of the t'internet bitching how their Benz was better and the Model T had tiny wheels

PPS: Bigger wheels make sense for higher speeds. Smaller higher profile tyres are fine for lower speeds (city car) for the target market I suggest. ( As well as being cheaper to replace !! There's usually a reason for a design and little to do with national or brand bias.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Audi A5 "imbecile's car" with silly big wheels is ridicolous!

Or something.

If I ruled the automotive world I'd ban drug dealer-sized wheels and tyres a preposterously stiff suspension setups.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I actually have toyed with an idea like this in my head, a very basic, simple, cheap automobile for developing countries, low-end of the BRIC markets, etc. I think it is exactly what it needs to be, not focused on performance or quality, per se, but a basic way to get on the road.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

16251 N Cleveland Ave # 11, North Fort Myers, FL 33903
    I also agree that Tata's Nano car is the worst car manufactured by tata as its cost is less but I have heard that the car's body is very weak and so people driving this car can go through a big problem if some incident occurs.What do you think,Friends?.
    Last edited by henk4; 05-23-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Thread Information