Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nürburgring is sold. Demolition planned. (Was April Fool 2013)

The Nürburgring is sold. Demolition planned. (Was April Fool 2013)

oh no !!!! Seems despite all the best efforts of SaveTheRing it has come to this .....

The Nürburgring is sold. Demolition planned.
    bridgetogantry.comNews, laptimes and videos direct from the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

A new buyer has been revealed this morning in a shock press conference. Representing a "national interest", the buyer is apparently very close to a deal to not only own the circuit, the land and the facilities. But also the rights to the Nürburgring name and even the concept.

"The Nürburgring is great national institution," said a representative for the soon-to-be buyers. "It's a facility built by the people, for the people and that's how we want to keep it."

Initial plans are to operate the circuit in Germany while simultaneously building a replica ....
    See The Nürburgring is sold. Demolition planned. for the rest of this sad tale
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-01-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: updated title to admit it :)
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    You can't be serious....also your linky not working.

Nurburgring no more?! That's not a world worth living in...

All the set benchmarks will be ruined...

Why not raise prices? Seems there should be plenty of folks wanting to test the 'ring, weed them out and set the price to demand...
    Last edited by jcp123; 03-31-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

April Fools?

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    April Fools?
    Good thought. Is that a thing over there?

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    You can't be serious....also your linky not working.
    hmm it is here
    go to www.bridgetogantry.com for the story.

Why not raise prices? Seems there should be plenty of folks wanting to test the 'ring, weed them out and set the price to demand...
    See, that's what the crooks conned the corrupt politicians in to believing and so they started to push out the "touristfahren" and increase the prices. Didn't work, one manufacturer left quickly and others threatened.
    ALSO, a "touristfahren" day brings in a VAST amount of money to drive the track AND to the local community. Something a few hundred rich guys never could. It needs both THOUSANDS of laps at 26 euros per lap makes a tidy sum 150K euros easy
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-31-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Sad. But I won't lose my sleep.

Nurburgring is overrated.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

24 euros isn't too bad. I'd be there every other weekend...

Come try it Ferrer If you have any enjoyment in driving , even only at a moderate speed , I assure you, you will fall in love with the roads AROUND the Nordschleife and the track itself. You DONT need to ( and best not to ) try to beat lap times ( now referred to as Bridge-To-Gantry times as nobody can do flying laps on tf days

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Come try it Ferrer If you have any enjoyment in driving , even only at a moderate speed , I assure you, you will fall in love with the roads AROUND the Nordschleife and the track itself. You DONT need to ( and best not to ) try to beat lap times ( now referred to as Bridge-To-Gantry times as nobody can do flying laps on tf days
    I've only driven it on Gran Turismo 4. And it is a thoroughly interesting track.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Oh, I'm sure I'd love it.

It's just that all the hype and Nurburgring-edition cars are getting slightly annoying.

But as I said, it will be sad if they end up demolishing it (altough I doubt they will in the end).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Maybe I am in the coccoon of the US, but I wasn't even aware this was an issue. It comes as a shoke to me and oule be a great loss. I can't think of another track which can honestly take its place.

Surely it's April Fools...

Edit: "Initial plans are to operate the circuit in Germany while simultaneously building a replica in North Korea."

Yep. Definitely April Fools.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

April fools!
    Wake up people
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Some of my favourite April Fool's pranks came via radio. One station said they were going gay - "we're here, we're queer, and we're in your ear!". Another was a country station which said in the interests of being inclusive, they had decided to reach out to spanish listeners by translating all speech into spanish after it was spoken in english. Great stuff I tell you.

Was one of the better ones and so had to share it

The saddest news is it IS still at risk with blind bids for auction now open and expected mini 160M euros. Don't see anyone stepping up and the crooks get away lightly. THe debt belonged to THEM !!!

Thread Information