Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Gran Turismo Sport

How many of you guys are still on the forum and have a PS4 and have time to play video games?

I clearly don't, but I was wondering if anyone happened to have Gran Turismo Sport and can give an opinion on whether to buy or skip it.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Gran Turismo 6. I hated the progression, lack of prize cars, lack of available prize money and just the feeling that progression was a complete chore.

I know I won't have time to play Gran Turismo Sport, that's why I want to know if any of the forum members have an opinion of it. There's a surprising lack of reviews on the internet of this game, I'm not sure why. And no, IGN or Gamespot doesn't count, I want a driving enthusiast to review it. I will say, if microtransactions are featured heavily in GT Sport, I am definitely skipping it. Project Cars 2 seems interesting too, and I'm willing to give that a go if GT Sport is disappointing.

Surprisingly, I check in here now and again. I mostly stopped gaming after high school. Occasionally play some classics on N64 with my buddies.

I may get into the PC gaming scene this winter, due to: it is shitty and cold outside.

One can make time to play games if ya want, but if you're busy it work/SO/friends and stuff, sometimes it isn't a high priority.

Where all y'all at?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Surprisingly, I check in here now and again. I mostly stopped gaming after high school. Occasionally play some classics on N64 with my buddies.

I may get into the PC gaming scene this winter, due to: it is shitty and cold outside.

One can make time to play games if ya want, but if you're busy it work/SO/friends and stuff, sometimes it isn't a high priority.

Where all y'all at?
    I do check in occasionally too haha, I check in at least weekly.

I built a retro gaming system with a Raspberry Pi and I can play old Nintendo consoles on my TV, so that's been sucking my time away too.

But mostly I've just been at work. I finished medical school, I'm a doctor now. Right now I'm off for the next week or so, but that just means I'm studying for my licensing exam. I will say, it's nice earning money for the first time. But man, adulting for reals now sucks.

Looks like a bit of a disappointment for me.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbyz4RmQkdU&t=0s"]Gran Turismo Sport - Easy Allies Review - YouTube[/ame]

Skip.

i like the playability.

but overall im quite dissapointed.

I actually really enjoyed Gran Turismo 5, but it really depended on the seasonal events for it to work properly as if you played the regular races, the grind was impossible for you to buy decent cars. It was fine when the servers were still on, but the seasonal events depend on the servers.

Now that Gran Turismo 5 and 6 servers are turned off, Gran Turismo Sport is not an appropriate sequel to either of the games and that's quite a disappointment for me.

Any update for Gran Turismo?

I'm outdated in latest Gran Turismo in PS4 but this is one of my favorite since my college days.

In the 1st part is quite bored because you need to get the license by finishing the qualification with a time limit and should be exact in finish line position.

In the middle, once you got more money you can buy your car or upgrade to make it faster than your AI opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanetta View Post
    More money? Via microtransactions?
    No, but by winning races

A bit of a side note, I packed away my PS3 so I could play my PS4. I'm a bit sad I didn't get a chance to play Gran Turismo 6 before the online servers closed. I reiterate the fact that without online challenges, advancing through GT6 was nearly impossible without grinding for meager credits in game. It really made playing the game a chore.

Thread Information