Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123

Thread: Gran Turismo 6

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I'm def making it more difficult on myself bc I wanna race it like a real 24 hr race where I drive for 2 hrs and then go B-spec for 6 while my "co-drivers" drive their stints
    You masochist!

    Okay, so Polyphony decided to make put the moon rover in GT6 before say... I dunno, a premium version of the Honda 1300?

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo2YNb6g_oY"]Gran Turismo 6 - Start Your Engines Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

    I can't say I ever wanted to drive a moon rover. Ever.

    The car selection seems good, I just hope they get their act together. Their omission of certain cars such as the newest Euro Civic Type R hatchback always seemed odd, and yet they include cars like the VW Scirocco.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    They have Scirocco since GT5...

    Moon rover is the same as how GT4 has the Benz 3 wheeler...just because they could

    There are more glaring omissions...like any of the new WRC cars, or the new Toyota Le Mans cars, or McLaren P1, or the 12C GT3, or the newer German cars(any of the newer Audi RSs, BMW Ms, or AMGs...)....all those I'd care more than the Civic Type R since its not even out yet...(call me biased, I want the new GTI before I want the Civic...since its actually out...)

    Still, the list seems to fill some void, but hopefully the newer car void can be filled in time...

    Track list looks pretty good:
    Tracks - PRODUCTS - gran-turismo.com

    Also the "GT Arena" might present the possibility of custom coned course layout...so virtual autocrossing?
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 11-04-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,536
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Also the "GT Arena" might present the possibility of custom coned course layout...so virtual autocrossing?
    With a way to share them, hopefully. Custom leaderboards and whatnot.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,673
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    They have Scirocco since GT5...

    Moon rover is the same as how GT4 has the Benz 3 wheeler...just because they could

    There are more glaring omissions...like any of the new WRC cars, or the new Toyota Le Mans cars, or McLaren P1, or the 12C GT3, or the newer German cars(any of the newer Audi RSs, BMW Ms, or AMGs...)....all those I'd care more than the Civic Type R since its not even out yet...(call me biased, I want the new GTI before I want the Civic...since its actually out...)

    Still, the list seems to fill some void, but hopefully the newer car void can be filled in time...

    Track list looks pretty good:
    Tracks - PRODUCTS - gran-turismo.com

    Also the "GT Arena" might present the possibility of custom coned course layout...so virtual autocrossing?
    The Civic Type R I'm talking about is the FN2 Euro Civic Type R hatch, not the newest one. That's been out even before the Scirocco.

    A lot of vintage Japanese cars seem to be missing- Mazda RX-3? Isuzu Bellett GT-R (normal car yes, not premium though)? Nissan Silvia (premium)?

    I'll be passing on GT6, it certainly won't be a first day buy.

    I hope they also bring back older tracks- real and fake ones. Infineon and Midfield Raceway were very fun tracks to drive on.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    GT is doing already a more admirable job on obscure old cars.....I mean half of those people won't even know about if it weren't for GT. But marketing to the ADD generation, they don't seem to have the cars that you see and read(or watch on Youtube). I like that they have FXX or 250GTO. But no brand new F12 or FF? They have 3 variant of the R56 Mini Cooper S, but none of the JCW variant? I guess it might be dependent on what they have access to...They have a lot of C7 Vette already...and the car is barely out..
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    GT is doing already a more admirable job on obscure old cars.....
    From Japan, that is.

    In the same way that Forza caters to the American made and American sold classics.

    However, no one is recreating a premium Lancia Trevi...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    Sure, but then I'd rather have a Saab...of which there are exactly none I believe in GT...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    95616
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    However, no one is recreating a premium Lancia Trevi...
    They'd probably run out of polygons trying to properly model the rust.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,673
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Sure, but then I'd rather have a Saab...of which there are exactly none I believe in GT...
    You're right, but then again, Saabs really aren't that desirable to me- quirky yes, but I don't think of Saabs when I think of race cars.

    We're missing quite a few Volvos though- wish we could have some of the BTCC Volvos- 850R would be nice.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You're right, but then again, Saabs really aren't that desirable to me- quirky yes, but I don't think of Saabs when I think of race cars.

    We're missing quite a few Volvos though- wish we could have some of the BTCC Volvos- 850R would be nice.
    Nah far too mainstream and boring (The 240 Estate was hilarious though).

    My list of cars would go like this:

    - Lancia Trevi Volumex
    - Morris Ital 2.0 HLS
    - Renault 14 TS
    - Ford Granada 2.8 Injection
    - Peugeot 305 GTX
    - Triumph Toledo 1500
    - Fiat Argenta 2.0i

    Where all those thoroughbred classics?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You're right, but then again, Saabs really aren't that desirable to me- quirky yes, but I don't think of Saabs when I think of race cars.

    We're missing quite a few Volvos though- wish we could have some of the BTCC Volvos- 850R would be nice.
    And then neither is that Lancia...

    A Saab Turbo is pretty iconic, FWD Turbo car...Also older Saab's been winning Monte Carlo Rallies before Japanese figure out how to make sportscar....

    I also would like some of the newer Volvo, maybe the R or even the Polestar cars...

    But then thats the generic issue with GT thesedays, they are lacking the cars that we see or read in current youtube/car magazine...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 11-10-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,673
    The cool part is that there might be a new feature where you can use GPS data to drive your cars on in game. Not sure how they'll implement that, but it sounds cool.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    From what I heard is that you can import GPS data to the course maker to recreate a track layout from real world data....either your favorite drive or a race track....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,334
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    And then neither is that Lancia...

    A Saab Turbo is pretty iconic, FWD Turbo car...Also older Saab's been winning Monte Carlo Rallies before Japanese figure out how to make sportscar....

    I also would like some of the newer Volvo, maybe the R or even the Polestar cars...

    But then thats the generic issue with GT thesedays, they are lacking the cars that we see or read in current youtube/car magazine...
    There are many iconic car out there missing; if we keep the rallying theme, where are the Lotus Cortinas, twin cam Escorts, big Healeys, DSs or Fulvia's, just to name a few?

    Lancia's situation is particularly hilarious (as always); they have the Stratos and Delta HF Integrale (of the interesting cars they made, two of the most unLancia Lancias). However, why no Appia, Fulvia, Aurelia, Flaminia, Flavia or Gamma for instance?

    Also, as for Youtube cars, they feature SEMA models, don't they? That's quite Youtubeish, isn't it?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There are many iconic car out there missing; if we keep the rallying theme, where are the Lotus Cortinas, twin cam Escorts, big Healeys, DSs or Fulvia's, just to name a few?

    Lancia's situation is particularly hilarious (as always); they have the Stratos and Delta HF Integrale (of the interesting cars they made, two of the most unLancia Lancias). However, why no Appia, Fulvia, Aurelia, Flaminia, Flavia or Gamma for instance?

    Also, as for Youtube cars, they feature SEMA models, don't they? That's quite Youtubeish, isn't it?
    I always thought the Art Morrison Corvette that was taken from SEMA featured heavily in Gran Turismo 5 looks like garbage.

    HUGE wheels on a classic American car don't look good. Jay Leno actually does this right- he proportions the wheel properly and although he puts larger wheels on the car he doesn't make it overt.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. BMW 5-Series (F07) Gran Turismo 2009-2017
    By Ferrer in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 03:32 PM
  2. Toyota FT-86 on Gran Turismo 5
    By PRC777 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 04:07 AM
  3. Trailer for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    By NSXType-R in forum Gaming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:44 PM
  4. Gran Turismo 4 Videos
    By DarkPhenix in forum Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 04:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •