Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can we only post one picture per post???

Why can we only post one picture per post???

Its be alot more practical to be able to post more than one picture at once.
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

Yes, I tried to use the [IMG] tag to post pics, but it isn't working... strange.. attached images are slower to load or is only a wrong impression?
    1995 BMW E36 320i

I am laughing my ass of right now

Since mods and admins look new to their own forums, i shall use my budha magic to help them out.
    budha says:

on your VB admin control Panel, go to the section "Forums & Moderators"
    click on the button "Modify"
    now for every forum section on this board, go to bottom and "Allow BB IMG Code in Posts"

this will turn the IMG code ON and allow users to start linking pics

you can have IMG coding in PMs if you want but its available in the admin control panel.

Anytime you need anything, budha will be glad to help. Budha also recommends you make the mod forum invisible to the non-mod and admins to prevent members from "accidently" hacking in there.

Maybe the admins simply prefer img tags to not be allowed in order to not have any trouble with copyrights and stuff and not to make the forums pages load to slow for members with slower connections.

Anyhow, you can still post links to pics. That should be enough.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Originally posted by Arcanjo
    Maybe the admins simply prefer img tags to not be allowed in order to not have any trouble with copyrights and stuff and not to make the forums pages load to slow for members with slower connections.

Budha and I dont think the admin is that dumb

Originally posted by DSK
    Budha and I dont think the admin is that dumb
    What's dumb in not wanting forum pages loaded with dozens of images that take countless minutes to load?

Yea, especially when you are uploading them from your hard drive.
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

I have turned the BB IMG codes on in Multimedia, that is the forum that needs it the most.

Originally posted by Wouter Melissen
    I have turned the BB IMG codes on in Multimedia, that is the forum that needs it the most.
    why are you people being dumb?
    if you dont allow linking pics then uploading is worse for you guys since it will start wasting your GB server space. Right now you got a pretty ok server, not as fast as the cool sites but average and once you allow uploading rather then linking, you are losing big time. What if someone has something to say about a recent article and posts the whole article, would you rather have that person link their pics which doesnt cost anyone anything(and no, you smart people, linking doesnt slow your comp down unless its a 10000x10000000 pic then maybe it will) or would you rather waste your gb space and end up paying much more. Dont be foolish people, thats all i got to say to you.

Originally posted by DSK
    why are you people being dumb?
    if you dont allow linking pics then uploading is worse for you guys since it will start wasting your GB server space. Right now you got a pretty ok server, not as fast as the cool sites but average and once you allow uploading rather then linking, you are losing big time. What if someone has something to say about a recent article and posts the whole article, would you rather have that person link their pics which doesnt cost anyone anything(and no, you smart people, linking doesnt slow your comp down unless its a 10000x10000000 pic then maybe it will) or would you rather waste your gb space and end up paying much more. Dont be foolish people, thats all i got to say to you.
    I wouldn't call them dumb (well, I have to one before, but that is a different story ), but I do agree that allowing people to use the image code in all forums would be most helpful, and I think it would be benefit you as he explains, actually.
    IT

and i dont even get a "thank you DSK for teaching us how to us vb admin control panel and help us learn how to enable IMG codes" from anyone?

Originally posted by DSK
    and i dont even get a "thank you DSK for teaching us how to us vb admin control panel and help us learn how to enable IMG codes" from anyone?
    Maybe because it is simple and the administrators know how to do it themselves?

Originally posted by BaRRa
    Maybe because it is simple and the administrators know how to do it themselves?
    LOL
    yeah.......right

Maybe DSK is right. Maybe Wouter and the rest of ucp's staff decided to employ vBulletin boards without having no knowledge what so ever about it. Kind of like a crash test.

Wouter talking to whoever helps him: Damn, what does this button do?
    admin replying: I don't know dude.
    Wouter again: Then push it for Christ sake!

Maybe DSK is right. Maybe Wouter and the rest of ucp's staff decided to employ vBulletin boards without having no knowledge what so ever about it. Kind of like a crash test.

Wouter talking to whoever helps him: Damn, what does this button do?
    admin replying: I don't know dude.
    Wouter again: Then push it for Christ sake!
    you are so cool on the internet

Thread Information