Thread: New Porsche LMP1 Le Mans racer and other news ...

New Porsche LMP1 Le Mans racer and other news ...

Already some time under development, Porsche's highly anticipated LMP1 finally broke cover today. It was captured at the first test on the German manufacturer's own Weissach track. Although few technical details have been released, it is well known the car will use a petrol-hybrid drivetrain. The car is also not developed by the Porsche Motorsport department but actually by the company's Research & Development department because its purpose stretches well beyond returning Porsche to top sport in endurance racing. The car is also a rolling test-bed for future technologies and fits in the philosophy of development through racing. Works drivers Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas will extensively test the Porsche LMP1 this year ahead of its competition debut in 2014.
    At Tokyo Toy Show, Toyota have released this very funky Camatte57s concept car. According to the Japanese manufacturer, the three-seater is a sporty, open-top family-focused car. The body is constructed from 57 separate, removable parts that can be finished in every colour combination imaginable. Power for the compact Camatte57s comes from a mid-mounted electric motor.
    Every year, a handful all-new supercars are announced, of which only very few make into production. Whether that will be the case with the Dutch Vencer Sarthe or the Mexican VUHL 05 only time will tell. The former is a very traditional supercar with sharp lines and a mid-mounted V8 engine. It was first shown to the public at the Top Marques Show in Monaco last month. Due to make its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, less is known about the VUHL. Judging from the two teaser pictures released this week, the car will be an open two-seater also with the engine mounted amidships.

Enjoy the links:

2014 Porsche LMP1 - Images, Specifications and Information

2013 Toyota Camatte57s - Images, Specifications and Information

2013 Vencer Sarthe - Images, Specifications and Information

2013 VUHL 05 - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I can sorta see shades of the 962 in the front. I don't know if they're actually there or if my eyes are seeing what i want to see

I see some R18 in the nosecone...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information