Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRT Viper GT3-R 2013

SRT Viper GT3-R 2013

SRT Viper GT3-R 2013

This weekend, SRT Motorsports will be focused on returning to the 24 Hours of Le Mans with the Viper GTS-R, but that doesn't mean it isn't looking a bit further down the road. While the GTS-R is the factory-backed racecar running at Le Mans and in the America Le Mans Series, SRT is also preparing to introduce this new Viper GT3-R for private race teams to run in various GT3 classes around the world.

Culminating from a collaboration with Riley Technologies in Mooresville, NC, the SRT Viper GT3-R uses many of the same performance technologies as the GTS-R. While a stock Viper produces 640 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque, the GT3-R's unrestricted V10 lays down 680 hp and 640 lb-ft. This car goes on sale – ready to race – later this year with a starting price estimated at around $459,000. Scroll down for more info on the newest member to the Viper family.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/20/s...acetrack-butt/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

I didn't know GT3 cars were unrestricted unlike GTE cars. I'm usually wary of American cars going sports car racing internationally but i expect this to be half decent. The Viper also has history at the Nurburgring so it will be interesting.

SRT Viper GT3-R #02
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Maybe the best looking Viper yet IMO.

Turning SRT into brand is a silly idea.

Other than that, go on.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

Other than that, go on.
    Also: Ram.

Other than that, go on.
    Yes, it seems the Dodge name might be going away, the trucks are now called Ram and the cars are becoming SRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Yes, it seems the Dodge name might be going away, the trucks are now called Ram and the cars are becoming SRT.
    I have read that too.

However, while I'm no marketing expert, it doesn't make any sense to me. Dodge is a well established name recognised by the general public while SRT (and Ram?) is a meaningless acronym with no real history behind it.

Also Street and Racing Technology is a name which could be used by people who watch F&F movies, which makes it even worse in my opinion.
    Visca Catalunya!

I have read that too.

However, while I'm no marketing expert, it doesn't make any sense to me. Dodge is a well established name recognised by the general public while SRT (and Ram?) is a meaningless acronym with no real history behind it.

Also Street and Racing Technology is a name which could be used by people who watch F&F movies, which makes it even worse in my opinion.
    Agreed

The problem is that Dodge is lately been associated with some fairly.. well, dodgy cars in the past 20 years. Easier to scrap it and start afresh, according to brand managers who're being paid to be dynamic and other bullshite.

In reality it's a stupid idea because all they need to do is roll out the old Challenger on every advert and they'll be the most popular brand in forever.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The thing is, Chargers and Challengers (both old and new) are all over TV series, including NCIS and Castle. So they are indeed getting media coverage. Another question is whether Chrysler (Fiat) is managing it well.

I think that both the Challenger and Charger have potential as old school Americana, and the Dart seems a handsome modern compact saloon. They should take Chrysler upmarket and leave Dodge as the worker's class hero, an American Fiat of sorts.

However, it is Fiat we are talking about. They have the brand management qualities of Volkswagen, only without the talent.
    Visca Catalunya!

Again, 'brand management'. The best way for a consultant hired to do something like 'brand management' [or anything a that you might hire a consultant to do] to make his/her mark on things is to be disruptive. If you're disruptive and it works, you're amazing and worth the money. It you're disruptive and it doesn't work, the market just isn't ready for your radical thinking. Out with the old, in with the new, young, hip things.

Or something.

OK, we need a new for Fiat Chrysler. I propose calling it either Fiat as they own Chrysler, or Fisler, cuz that is funny.

Fer, you watch those shows!?

Pin, here is basically what a brand manager will say at a meeting: brand brand brand brand proactive brand? Brand! Synergy, brand cost effectiveness brand brand economies of brand scale brand. brand brand brand brand brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    OK, we need a new for Fiat Chrysler. I propose calling it either Fiat as they own Chrysler, or Fisler, cuz that is funny.
    Fisler is brilliant. I declare Fisler the new name for Fiat-Chrysler.
    Fer, you watch those shows!?
    Sometimes when I happen to catch them on TV. I do not follow them, though.
    Pin, here is basically what a brand manager will say at a meeting: brand brand brand brand proactive brand? Brand! Synergy, brand cost effectiveness brand brand economies of brand scale brand. brand brand brand brand brand.
    Visca Catalunya!

[ame="http://youtu.be/aixKm9DahDA"]1-800 CONTACTS - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Information