Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: name your 5 most hated cars!

What is this, hate on Honda Day?

Granted, i'll give you the Element and Riced Civics, but to hate a car made to be simply a tool, a means of travel, is uncalled for. It has it's merits, reliability, cheap to repair and to Insure, and it's downsides, namely having people as ignorant as yourselves start to demean your purchase.

As for Hybirds, it's a noble thing they are trying to do, no matter how dorky it might seem, people laughed at Bill Gates, remember. At least there exploring new avenues of power, rather than just gas guzzling.

And try to be more specific about what your hating, just saying all SUV's is a bit rich, I may not be an Advocate of them, but that doesn't stop me liking the Tourag and the Range Rover.

Try to see some plus points, all i see is generalisations from hopelessly biased people trying to justify their choice of Automobile to us, don't bother. All i say is, Different strokes for different folks, A gran isn't likely to drive a Shelby Mustang as a young upstart is likely to drive a Corolla. See how easy it is to generalise?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows

Try to see some plus points, all i see is generalisations from hopelessly biased people trying to justify their choice of Automobile to us, don't bother.
    IB4R, the very question itself does not warrant the elaborate answer that you just gave. You simply cannot hate cars, you start develop feelings towards a car because of the sort of people who are in general are being associated with a certain type of car. When I was younger I was an avid fan of BMW, but that's long over since the brand was discovered by the "wrong" people. Nevertheless, I would still see me drive a 502, a 3200 CS or a 3.0CSL. But today, the X5 represents for me the car that is prefered by the sort of people i dislike most.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Granted, it is a highly generalised topic, but the point i'm trying to make, do you hate the car, or the stigma attached to it?

My Parents drive a BMW, does that make the the wrong type of people to you? it's not an X5, but because of the X5, do all BMW's have a black mark against that name because they are associated with it, in your mind?

What I am trying to figure out is, why hate brands in general? Every car maker has it's dog, and indeed it's god. Look at Hyundai, an often laughed at car brand, with such quips as "As they say in Korea, a dog is for life, not just for Breakfast....". But whats wrong with the Tiburon? Nothing, other than the Badge, which people don't seem to take a fancying to.

Car makers often use this to their advantage, just look at VW, the real reason they make products like the Tourag and Phaeton? To make the rest of the range classy and cool by association, the same, albeit oppositely, with Rover and the Streetwise.

Hate is a strong word, and all I am saying , and to those people who hate a general brand/type of car, in this case, for you, the SUV, that to have such a general group of cars is tarring many decent models with the same brush as those which are, indeed, lacklustre.

because you hate the WAY SUV's are used, does that mean SUV's actually used off-road (Granted, the 10% of them that get dirty) are better, or are they still in your bad books?

Far too general a comment can leave me open to interpretation. You need to be specific about what detail you hate, and what model.

Sorry, i'm going off on a Tangent on Equality tonight, you must excuse my Enthusiasm......

Geo, i absolutely hate this american company that was around for only a few years i think, and they used the ugliest pink and turqoise colors ever. im so glad they arent around to sell cars anymore.

Thanks for proving my point. You hate a car brand for the Type of Colour they used to paint there cars. Well, thats perfectly logical, the paint job wasn't aftermarket or anything, or an Expression of the Owner?

Get over it. Yes, they may not have been nice cars, and, like Edsel, there related to commercial failure, but they were honest little family hatchbacks, don't overestimate their ability guys.

IB4R I do have to tell you that I DO like the Edsel, oh and yes I do hate Geo's (that word doesnt deserve to be capatelized)
    eat cicada

All Peugeots
    Most Mercedes (exept for the SLR, and thats because its half british)
    Kia's in general
    Ferrari 612
    Bentleys
    Bugatti's
    Range Rovers (big lumpy machines for over waged men or housewives)
    Bmw 3 series (too common!!, exept for the M3 that rocks! I love all other BMW's)
    VW passat
    Old Cadillacs
    Vauxhall Astra '99, Vauxhall Cavalier, Vauxhall Corsa

thats it

Once AGAIN!

i'm going to have to rename this thread, anyone who dislikes an entire BRAND of car is obviously biased. You hate all Peugeots, CoTTerik, including the 205/405 T16s? Including the 504 Coupe? great cars, but obviously, if your goign to be biased about the badge, hell, don't let me stop you.

Give me three good reasons why you hate Geos, other than their Sh!t (Far too General, why are they sh!t? what is so bad about them that makes them untouchable?) and i'll let it slide, Also with other brand names, otherwise your nothing more than an Idiot who knocks before he knows.

And good on your for liking Edsel, but again, do you like the Brand, Simpleton, or do you like a specific car?

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows

My Parents drive a BMW, does that make the the wrong type of people to you? it's not an X5, but because of the X5, do all BMW's have a black mark against that name because they are associated with it, in your mind?
    You may have noted that I put "in general" in bold. There are of course positive exceptions. I saw that you renamed/reopened the thread and I have continued to send my message about the X5.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I don't think it's really fair to hate modern cars very much. It takes time to determine which cars are lemons, and where the problems are. Sometimes one problem area will tarnish the entire model. Such as the Pontiac Fiero. "They catch on fire" That problem was fixed, a recall was ordered, and later Fieros didn't have that problem. But people don't see it that way.

Everyone has their prejudices, and hating a car brand is a politically (and morally) acceptable way of exhibiting those prejudices, as long as it's by brand only, and not by country. For example, I think it would be racist to hate all Japanese cars.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Ford Torus Ugly

Ford AU Falcon Ugly wasnt a fan of it at all

Holden VC Commodore 4CYL Slow shitty 0 to 100 in 3 months

Jaguar in the 90's my uncle had 4 of them and all shit themselfs with in 12months. His mate next door bougth one and put a chev engine in it it's a dream now

Subaru impreza wrx only the new style and sound is off. Love the older ones
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Cars I hate:

The new Nissan Micra
    BMW X5
    Vauxhall Corsa
    Subaru Impreza
    THE FORD FIESTA - Possibly the worst car in the world....
    that's just off the top of my head.... and, not meaning to sound stupid.... what is a Geo??? is it one of those cars only Americans know???

Quote Originally Posted by AL666
    .. and, not meaning to sound stupid.... what is a Geo??? is it one of those cars only Americans know???
    it's a GM derivative of the Suzuki Swift.

-ricers
    -buggati (veyron/then the rest)
    -american cars (expect the good old v8 muscles
    -bangle's bmw's
    -second hand everything (classics/supercars are an exception)

in no order...

toooo many cars, here 5 of the worts...

fiat panda
    roush mustang 380r convertible
    renault megane
    fiat punto hgt abarth
    citroen c3 pluriel

Thread Information