Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Jaguar F-Type review

2014 Jaguar F-Type review

Cars and Coffee Talk: The new 2014 Jaguar F-Type..........is it your type?

After reading my blog about the 2014 Jaguar F-Type, you might just have to own one! Seriously I'm considering it

I've never heard anything like the exhaust note on this thing!

Thanks, Joe
    Thanks, Joe

It's my new favorite Jaguar my other favorite is the XKE.

It was good to see Jaguar bring something new/fresh to the table, yet, keep it true to the classics!!
    Thanks, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by slowjoe24 View Post
    It was good to see Jaguar bring something new/fresh to the table, yet, keep it true to the classics!!
    Keeping it true to the classics almost killed Jaguar actually.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

How so???
    Thanks, Joe

Jaguar are killing it. Every single one of their cars turn my head. I have seen a fleet of F-Types, and they look like well little tigers.

A tip of the cap to the old British boys!

How so???
    Well the preposterous retroness of the Jaguar Ford Mondeo and the Jaguar Lincoln LS was so ridiculous that nobody wanted one. As a result they lost a lot of money.

Even the XJ, which a clever a modern car, had a tough time because of the classic (read, old) styling. I liked the XJ, but that's just because I'm actually from 1926 - and I couldn't afford one anyway.

Thankfully they've kissed goodbye retro and they are much more stronger now, even if they cars look a little generic (XF) or a little ugly (XJ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Jaguar are killing it. Every single one of their cars turn my head. I have seen a fleet of F-Types, and they look like well little tigers.

A tip of the cap to the old British boys!
    I completely agree. Owning a Jaguar is a very desirable prospect now. Their cars drive brilliantly and they have presence, charisma and character. They are even moderately reliable (sort of) and some of them quite fairly priced.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well the preposterous retroness of the Jaguar Ford Mondeo and the Jaguar Lincoln LS was so ridiculous that nobody wanted one. As a result they lost a lot of money.

Even the XJ, which a clever a modern car, had a tough time because of the classic (read, old) styling. I liked the XJ, but that's just because I'm actually from 1926 - and I couldn't afford one anyway.

Thankfully they've kissed goodbye retro and they are much more stronger now, even if they cars look a little generic (XF) or a little ugly (XJ).

I completely agree. Owning a Jaguar is a very desirable prospect now. Their cars drive brilliantly and they have presence, charisma and character. They are even moderately reliable (sort of) and some of them quite fairly priced.
    Well said......thanks for the insight I'm glad Jaguar is back in the game with a legit Roadster!!
    Thanks, Joe

Well said......thanks for the insight I'm glad Jaguar is back in the game with a legit Roadster!!
    Yes it only took them 52 years! I guess between this and a rebadged SportKa the F-Type is slightly better.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    F-Type seems pretty expensive though....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    F-Type seems pretty expensive though....
    Yes but the XF can be had for under 40 grand. I know it's diesel and stuff... but it is still a (proper) brand new Jaguar for less than 40.000€!
    Last edited by Ferrer; 07-27-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    Visca Catalunya!

For $46k, which is what the 2.0T gas engine starts in US, I can't see it being that great of a buy...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Well, it's the Germans, the Chryslancia, the Japanese or the XF.

I'd probably go for the Jag.
    Visca Catalunya!

While the F-Type does sound fantastic, it sounds a bit artificial to my ears; there is something about the exhaust note that seems forced and unnatural. Part of the problem is that they've done such a good job of soundproofing the engine bay, that, when stopped, there seems to be no noise at all unless you're behind the car.

While Jag might not be out-and-out faking it like BMW does, it certainly seems forced and unbecoming of a sportscar. I realize that I'm picking nits here and that it isn't as pronounced when the car is moving, but you should be able to hear a car like the F-Type sucking, not just blowing. Due to it's larger size, I guess it is easier to make an exhaust that can be both loud and quiet, depending on the driver's input, than it is to make a variable-(sound)-volume intake tract.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    While the F-Type does sound fantastic, it sounds a bit artificial to my ears; there is something about the exhaust note that seems forced and unnatural. Part of the problem is that they've done such a good job of soundproofing the engine bay, that, when stopped, there seems to be no noise at all unless you're behind the car.

While Jag might not be out-and-out faking it like BMW does, it certainly seems forced and unbecoming of a sportscar. I realize that I'm picking nits here and that it isn't as pronounced when the car is moving, but you should be able to hear a car like the F-Type sucking, not just blowing. Due to it's larger size, I guess it is easier to make an exhaust that can be both loud and quiet, depending on the driver's input, than it is to make a variable-(sound)-volume intake tract.
    It still is, quite possibly, the most desirable car currently on sale though...
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information