Scotland X.0

I'm in Scotland. What now?

Find Matra?

Drive proper handling cars?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Drink?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Not yet; yes, a Hyundai i40 CRDi (aka cruddy) and of course!

We are currently in the highlands. It is the best nonkarting driving I have done by about 200 orders of magnitude. Yesterday was the best driving my friend and I have ever done. 4 other Torontonians of my crew are here too. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Not yet; yes, a Hyundai i40 CRDi (aka cruddy) and of course!

We are currently in the highlands. It is the best nonkarting driving I have done by about 200 orders of magnitude. Yesterday was the best driving my friend and I have ever done. 4 other Torontonians of my crew are here too. Watch this space.
    You must have been completely overwhelmed by manual gearboxes and corners...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's an auto. There is far too much for us to focus on for us to have chosen manual. It isn't the whip (which is great, BTW), it is the setting and roads.

Explain to Scots that Canadians only fight through the medium of hockey.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Canadians cannae fight for real and why they have to be dressed up in pads and skates

Man, time crept up on this trip !!
    Am racing at Fintray Hillclimb, near Hatton of Fintray ( only a few miles west of Aberdeen ) if you're up for a trip

Also planning Edinburgh ? Could introduce you to some culture at the Edinburgh Fringe and a few malts !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I might head for Scotland myself too in two weeks time. You guys in for a meeting?

I will have fled by then! Things have been amazing so far, hence my lack of internettnigs. Matra, I will be in touch.

Folks, you all know to ping me and chance to come see some Scottish Motorsport
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Folks, you all know to ping me and chance to come see some Scottish Motorsport
    If I can get it driving again in time I might even join in then I'll give you a heads up when I have more planned. I will most likely arrive the weekend of the 24th.

I returned a week and a half ago. It was an amazing trip. I toured the country, went through Cairngorms, Inverness, some castles, Skye, the Highlands, Edinburgh, then down to London and for the second week, back up to visit family.

The car and driving was solid; I was unable to meet up with Matra and drakkie. Oh well! I shall return!

I am also back now. I was based in Edinburgh and explored quite a bit of the country as well. Offcourse the city, but also Stirling, Fort William & area, New Lanark, Fyfe, Glasgow and much more. Regarding sports I think I got a good taste. I met Matra first at Forrestburn Hillclimb. A week later I participated myself in a trackday at Kames. Also I visited the Glasgow Rangers for their match agains East Fyfe. I met Matra again last monday with an excellent lunch near the Forth bridges. Thanks mate! Pictures will follow soon

Thread Information