View Poll Results: How would you find: "The most complete car encyclopedia".

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Can't sleep untill i have it

2 25.00%
  • I would love to have it

4 50.00%
  • Maybe, but not sure

1 12.50%
  • Not for me, usless...

1 12.50%

Thread: THe most complete car encyclopedia book series - My lifetime venture

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

THe most complete car encyclopedia book series - My lifetime venture

Hello.

I'm looking to receive feedback about my work, so i have start ed chatting on my favorite websites, which are GTPlanet ( big fan of GT series), autopuzzles and of course this one.
    I enjoyed very much here, reading good articles about some classic cars. Although i already had that information, it's good to read a good written article and Mr. Wouter Melissen does that very good, so "hatt off" !

My venture, for establishing "The most complete car encyclopedia", started years ago, in 1991 and after a continuous daily work i can say it is complete, right now.
    Today, this car database, includes more than 10.000 car brands and 50.000 car manufacturers. I have said more, because somewhere on the way, i have stopped counting, because this was time consuming.
    This database, covers all the car categories, including series production models, concepts and prototypes, race cars and coachbuilt. There are also included kit-cars, single-seater racers and also car replicas, only if they were built and sold under different names from the original model.
    Any brand or model is included, only if i had some official photo or information of it.

Initially, i tried to put all the information on a website, but on the way, i changed my mind and decided to publish all the information in a series of volumes, called "The most complete car encyclopedia".

The first volume is already released, covering all the brand and their models, starting with letters from AA to AL and includes 362 car brands and 1353 car models.

All the other volumes will be released, with with a pace of a new volume, each every 2 or 3 months. As the database is complete, the release pace will be given by the time the information is getting in the "ready to print stage".

I'm waiting for your opinion about this. I dedicated a lot of time of my life on this and i will still do. So this is my lifetime project.

PS:
    I hope this is not considered spam. I really need to get in contact with car enthusiasts, to get opinions and feedback about my venture and see how can i improve some aspects of my work.

Photos of the first volume, below, in attachment. If needed, i will upload more of them.
    Thanks !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by all-car-brands; 08-26-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Thread Information