Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: volkswagen vs audi

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    but the Golf keeps VW alive.
    Depends on where you're talking about. In Europe this is very true. But in the US, the Jetta is VW's bread and butter car. Americans don't like hatches. I think it's because they're reminded of station wagons. (Ironically both things I like) And the Jetta isn't popular in Europe because it's seen as an old person's car. Don't quite get that. But hey, it's Europe. They're weird. Some of them don't shower. And they have funny accents.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Depends on where you're talking about. In Europe this is very true. But in the US, the Jetta is VW's bread and butter car. Americans don't like hatches. I think it's because they're reminded of station wagons. (Ironically both things I like) And the Jetta isn't popular in Europe because it's seen as an old person's car. Don't quite get that. But hey, it's Europe. They're weird. Some of them don't shower. And they have funny accents.
    Funny stuff

Good point, we don't like hatches and wagons here...I agree it's strange, my fav bodystyle behind the convertible is the wagon, they are awesome; sedans seem to me to be an awkward compromise between the sleekness of a coupe and the utilitarianism of a wagon. Hatchbacks are okay I guess, I'm neither here nor there on them.

As you might see by the pics, I like wagons...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Lol, put on you're flame suit, the European members are about to go, 'All-out' on you, as some Americans would say.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Depends on where you're talking about. In Europe this is very true. But in the US, the Jetta is VW's bread and butter car. Americans don't like hatches. I think it's because they're reminded of station wagons. (Ironically both things I like) And the Jetta isn't popular in Europe because it's seen as an old person's car. Don't quite get that...
    Unfortunately, what you say about the Golf in the States is true. Hatches don't bother me either and I have always liked the Golf for its versatility. TDI to R32, flexible enough to battle the Prius and the WRX using the same platform. Which, when needed can also serve as a small SUV alternative.

VWs might be considered a semi-prestige brand in the rest of the world but in the States they've never shaken the 'beetle' image. So, for people who buy the Jetta as a cheaper BMW 3-series substitute it just doesn't work here in the US. Numbers-wise Jetta sell about 40K units whereas Civics lead at about 320K per year. As far as the Golf, it has too many cheaper substitutes from Japan to really make an impact on VW plans on treating the US as any kind of priority.

How the Golf affects VW in its primary target markets, is what I meant.

But hey, it's Europe. They're weird. Some of them don't shower. And they have funny accents.
    As far as showers and hygiene, I always need a healthy dose of chlorine in the mornings to get me going. Accents are a funny thing. If you've seen LOTR, you'll recall how Elijah Wood's(Frodo) accent changes during the movie. Several hours of screen time represented several years of filming. I found that amusing and interesting. As JRR Tolkein was a linquist...English accents dominating spoken English...Worfian theory: "Whorf posited that cultural thinking differences were the direct result of differences in their languages..." Explains a lot of the bantering here

"Chill!">"But it's not even cold?"
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 11-10-2004 at 01:54 AM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Who here agrees with me when i say that VW give the worst spec when it comes to their cars, for example out of the three Polo, Fabia and Ibiza, the Polo has the least ammount of kit, in the standard Polo E you only get twin airbags and central locking, but with the Ibiza you get Remote central locking, electric windows twin airbags.
    For the money that you have to fork out to buy the Polo it really is worth looking else where, also the new Ibiza looks and drives better. VW really need to get with the times.

audi!!nuvolari quattro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS SEEEEE HERE,,,,,,,Audi or VW//// I like the "Listen" "FOLKS" Car is ok...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

think id go for Audi
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

lets remember that Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda and some other brands are owned by Volkswagen so... when you say "which do you like best" its really the same owner, the same creative team and the same tech lab.
    If you are natural, you are cool and if you are cool you must be a CCK

Quote Originally Posted by DieterCabral
    lets remember that Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda and some other brands are owned by Volkswagen so... when you say "which do you like best" its really the same owner, the same creative team and the same tech lab.

there is nothing wrong with VW my friend some of us like Audi then VW.
    OHHHH!! just because VW owns all dose cars it dose not mean it=same..

Volkswagen! I love Audis, especially the old quattro rallycar, but volkswagon excites me more. My favourite car by them is the Mark I Golf GTI. The new gti is also awesome. Plus my dad has the new diesel gti which rocks

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    Volkswagen! I love Audis, especially the old quattro rallycar, but volkswagon excites me more. My favourite car by them is the Mark I Golf GTI. The new gti is also awesome. Plus my dad has the new diesel gti which rocks

Yeah thats the one thing that made my decision hard, the Golf or Audi ?

i chose teh audi
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sismanidis
    That's wrong my friend. Believe me I know these things about Volkswagen group very well. Volkswagen is co-operating with Audi. The volkswagen group owns: VW and Audi only!
    Volkswagen owns Skoda. Audi owns Lamborghini. Audi is the owner of Lambo and not Volkswagen! Also both companies owns Bentley and Bugatti.
    Volkswagen is a little company in front of Volkswagen group!!!
    Also I believe that audi is the Threat to MB and BMW but Volkswagen is competing with Ford, Opel, Toyota and other practical companies...

Oooh, I forgot! I prefer: Audi For Lemans concept , Gallardo and especially NUVOLARI !!!!
    That design... More beautiful than a Ferrari and a Lambo. The best designed car ever after Ferrari 250GTO I thing!
    And offcourse Volkswagen For THE LEGENDARY W12 and R32 . Also i love Tuareg! (but wait Pikes peak=A7 quattro and you 'll remember me. More better than Cayenne. > Pikes peak> 0-100=4.7sec

who is this mask men???that is good you know your sh@t

BMW owns:
    -BMW
    -Mini
    -Rolls Royce

Daimler/Chrysler owns:
    -Chrysler
    -Dodge
    -Eagle (brand discontinued)
    -Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)
    -Jeep
    -Maybach
    -Mercedes-Benz
    -Mitsubishi (Daimler/Chrysler owns 37%)
    -Plymouth (brand discontinued)
    -Smart

Fiat owns:
    -Alfa Romeo
    -Ferrari
    -Fiat
    -Lancia
    -Maserati

Ford owns:
    -Aston Martin
    -Ford
    -Jaguar
    -Land Rover (bought from BMW)
    -Lincoln
    -Mazda (Ford only owns a percentage)
    -Mercury
    -Volvo cars

Fuji Heavy Industries owns:
    -Subaru

General Motors owns:
    -Buick
    -Cadillac
    -Chevrolet
    -Daewoo
    -Fiat (GM owns ~20%)
    -GMC
    -Holden
    -Hummer
    -Isuzu (GM only owns a percentage)
    -Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)
    -Opel
    -Pontiac
    -Saab
    -Saturn
    -Subaru (GM owns 20%)
    -Suzuki (GM only owns a small percentage)
    -Vauxhall

Honda owns:
    -Acura
    -Honda

Hyundai owns:
    -Hyundai
    -Kia

Nissan owns:
    -Infiniti
    -Nissan
    -Renault (Nissan owns 15%)

Peugeot Citroen owns:
    -Citroen
    -Peugeot

Porsche is an independent company (they do work very closely with VW, however)

Renault owns:
    -Nissan (Renault owns 44%)

Toyota owns:
    -Lexus
    -Scion
    -Toyota

Volkswagen owns:
    -Audi
    -Bentley
    -Bugatti
    -Lamborghini
    -SEAT
    -Skoda
    -Volkswagen

unfair question BWF,Audi!

Thread Information