Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobel Peace Prize going to bomb Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeno52 View Post
    Someone's bought WAY too much Russian propaganda there...

Trolls, propaganda, then what? - Witch Hunt
    Learn to follow the logic.
    Respond to themselves the question - who benefits from a chemical attack?
    1) Assad having at its disposal a well-trained regular army (special forces, armored vehicles, artillery, aviation), and is under the constant supervision of the countries that need only a pretext for invasion.
    2) Оpposing forces. Which despite help from the outside can not resist and lose control of the situation.

Such a provocation, followed by strikes from outside forces Assad is beneficial to them.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Although I wouldn't like the subject to evolve here on the car forum really, it still amazes me how narrow and one-sided the views of many people are...
    Why not - here are just talking about abstract topics from cars. Ибо нефиг

That would be great, but unfortunately it all comes down to the fact that they are trying to control the Assad government, but no one talks about how to control the "opposite side", although it is not an open secret that there are a lot of foreign mercenaries & real terrorists including Alkaida.

Russian President Vladimir Putin addresses the American people
    What Putin Has to Say to Americans About Syria - NYTimes.com

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Syria probably deserves a beatdown - even Mr. Unproven Nobel Peace Prize boxed himself into this idea of raining punishment down on Assad if he used chemical weapons - but call me an isolationist, I am tired of having our country engaged in military action, even when it is multilateral, and then having locals resent our presence. I am also loth to intervene in someone's private war (it is, after all, a civil war, not an invasion). Syria is certainly not deserving of any American lives.

What drives me really nuts is the idea that an aspiring dictator (and some would say, with some merit, that he has achieved this status already), whose latest populist push is as an alternative to the west is absolutely running circles around us. Mr. Obama rightly claims a victory here in the recent unconventional arms agreement with Syria, at the completely unadmitted expense of looking rather impotent in the face of Russia, backers of Assad's oppressive regime, who suggested the deal in the first place. Maybe it might not have happened had we not been threatening to carry the proverbial big stick, as weak as that was - no public support and even Kerry bragging that it would be "incredibly small" - but even I believe that the avenue of using force was pursued only superficially because of our president's initial remarks about Syria's so-called "Red Line". I can't believe that both Russia and Syria didn't take this opportunity to laugh at us.
    Last edited by jcp123; 09-24-2013 at 01:00 AM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information