Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CTS (2nd gen) 2007-2013

The orange colour does this car justice. It does look a bit funny in the maroon to me.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

The design is good, but it isn't as great as I was hoping it would be. It's still amazing.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    From what I've read, they had GS/TL/5-series/E-Class directly in their sights, with the 5-series being the benchmark. They admit it cannibalizes sales of the STS. They seem to be ok with that because they are not happy with the STS. Expect the next STS to be substantially upgraded to compete with the 7/S-Class.
    Actually screw what I said. I misread the lenght figure, and I've just seen it is 4866mm, a value completely normal in the segment. My fault.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well done, Cadillac!

Best new car so far, IMO

I hate the interior. it looks like it's melting.

Other than that a fine looking new car.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I hate the interior. it looks like it's melting.

Other than that a fine looking new car.
    Yep: this interior design definitely does not break any grounds...

A couple of things:
    1- Cadillac still have a key to start the engine, all future luxury cars will or already have keyless starters!
    2-What is this trend of analog clocks? Especially when your exterior design is inspired by stealth fighters, your clock is... analog????????????
    3-Foot parking brake???? why not a hand brake or better an electric push button brake
    4-Top of dash looks like a cheap material, Volkswagen has a better quality dash in their Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by hchanhle
    4-Top of dash looks like a cheap material, Volkswagen has a better quality dash in their Golf.
    Well, technically the top of the dash in this car is not even plastic, it's leather. Unless it's absurdly crappy leather, I doubt the Golf has "a better quality dash".

Quote Originally Posted by quackman
    Well, technically the top of the dash in this car is not even plastic, it's leather. Unless it's absurdly crappy leather, I doubt the Golf has "a better quality dash".

Does not look like leather to me but some sort of polymer... If it's leather, sure grain looks crappy...

Does not look like leather to me but some sort of polymer... If it's leather, sure grain looks crappy...
    I took a second look at the dash and read the press release- "Upper instrument panel and door trim surfaces are hand-cut, sewn and wrapped by expert craftsmen."
    Nowhere is a leather surface mentioned. In that case, and judging from a closer look, it seems like it could be cheap plastic that is just "hand-cut" and sewn... which doesn't sound too good to me.
    Regardless, the rest of the car looks nice to me. It's just a shame that they think they can put faux-leather with stitching like that and call it a day. They're still going for cheap appearance over quality feel and look.

Quote Originally Posted by quackman
    I took a second look at the dash and read the press release- "Upper instrument panel and door trim surfaces are hand-cut, sewn and wrapped by expert craftsmen."
    Nowhere is a leather surface mentioned. In that case, and judging from a closer look, it seems like it could be cheap plastic that is just "hand-cut" and sewn... which doesn't sound too good to me.
    Regardless, the rest of the car looks nice to me. It's just a shame that they think they can put faux-leather with stitching like that and call it a day. They're still going for cheap appearance over quality feel and look.

That's the problem with GM Luxury cars: their work on details. You can ruin a perfectly fine exterior and interior with sloppy detailing especially in the cockpit with the use of sub-par materials & fit and finish... Lexus has shown the way on how to build luxury cars... Let's hope GM have done their homework well this time because I believe this car is an interesting alternative to the 3 series, audi A3 and the likes.

Another comment: Caddilac should get rid of the old V6's and autoboxes and concentrate on their newer engines and gearboxes... And please, get a 6 speed manual!

Another comment: Caddilac should get rid of the old V6's and autoboxes and concentrate on their newer engines and gearboxes... And please, get a 6 speed manual!
    This car is available with a six speed automatic and a six speed manual, and the 3.6-litre V6 is available with direct fuel injection, which is in line with what the rivals have.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    This car is available with a six speed automatic and a six speed manual, and the 3.6-litre V6 is available with direct fuel injection, which is in line with what the rivals have.

Sorry my mistake: did not read the PR well enough... But they should get a V8 in there righ away (and I'm not talking about a CTS-V version).

Sorry my mistake: did not read the PR well enough... But they should get a V8 in there righ away (and I'm not talking about a CTS-V version).
    I agree with that, they should defenitely offer more engines below and above (where's the Northstar?) the ones actually planned. Of course some decent diesel engines are also vital to if they want to conquer Europe too.
    Visca Catalunya!

Cadillac CTS Sport

(from General Motors Press Release)

As the new 2008 Cadillac CTS sedan garners critical acclaim, the CTS Sport concept puts a unique twist on this hot new luxury sedan. The CTS Sport concept suggests a customization theme emphasizing the car’s performance character. The show car includes new front and rear fascias, a modified hood, rear spoiler and 20-inch wheels Recaro sport seats highlight the cabin. Performance is derived from a production-spec 304-hp 3.6L Direct Injection V-6 that exhales through a Corsa cat-back exhaust system with 3.5-inch outlets.

Vehicle highlights:

CTS Sport concept

3.6L V-6 with direct injection

Modified hood with wire mesh inserts

Unique front and rear fascias with carbon fiber and wire mesh inserts

Carbon-fiber front fender extractors

Export-model taillamps and CHMSL with clear lenses

Unique rear deck spoiler

Headlamps with unique housing finish

Roof-mounted OnStar antenna

Brake ducting with LED lighting

Polished, forged 20-inch wheels

High-performance brakes with painted calipers and drilled/slotted rotors

Carbon-fiber interior trim plates

BlueConnect Bluetooth integrated into the headliner

Recaro sport seats with leather trim

Corsa cat-back exhaust with rectangular outlet tips and wire mesh inserts
    Engine = 3.6 liter V6

CTS Sport #1
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Well, the CTS is headed down under with a turbo diesel, henk4 would be proud.

From Autoblog:

GM believes it has a world-class luxury vehicle in the all-new Cadillac CTS, and the General is shipping the RWD clear across the globe to prove its point. Since 1969, Cadillac has been on the outside of OZ looking in, but an emerging luxury market coupled with part-sharing with Holden makes the CTS a great vehicle to end the 40-year hiatus. The CTS will hit Aussie shores by the end of 2008, with the addition of a 2.9-liter turbo-diesel entering the lineup in 2009. With Australian's love for great-handling RWD sports sedans, the CTS is a no-brainer as the vehicle to bring Cadillac back to OZ. The CTS wagon would likely be a hit down under as well. And if you're reading this GM, we'll take that 2.9L diesel option here in the States, too.

Thread Information