Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Saab 9-3 #9

New Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2007

*someone should change the title to SportCombi, because thats what it is*
    In Spain it's called the Sporthatch...

I rather like it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Certainly not as catastrophic as the 9-5 facelift...

Not sure on the tailights, though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

HAHAHA, my neighbor only got his black 1.9TiD Sport SportWagon not so long ago and now it's been face lifted

He shouldn't worry though... He'll crash his before long...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Hmm, I quite like it, not sure about the rear in anything other than silver though, my friend up the road's Dad has a 2005 1.9TiD Vector Sport in Blue with Black and beige leather, gorgeous looking car, shame it's a little small in the back and I can't help thinking that the interior is, well, a bit cheap...

Some rubbishy pictures I took of a silver convertable that was parked on the lane earlier this year.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Saab 9-3 Convertible Yellow Edition

2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible Yellow Edition: Return of a Classic

DETROIT — While all Saab Convertibles are popular among car aficionados, owning one in yellow is an extra sunny experience. The first-ever yellow version of the Saab Convertible, issued in 1991, now enjoys collector car status, just as well-kept copies of the 1997 version are starting to get equally sought after. Yet for those preferring the attractions of an all-new open Saab, the third time may be the charm. This spring, yellow is back in a limited edition that is unprecedented in the current generation Saab Convertible – without a doubt, a future classic.

The Saab Convertible Yellow Edition is based on the 2.0T version, its turbocharged four-cylinder combining spirited performance with excellent fuel economy. In addition to its Lynx Yellow paint and a long list of standard equipment, including XM radio and OnStar, this special edition features Aero look items such as 17-inch, five spoke alloy wheels and a subtle, yet effective rear spoiler while the premium audio system will be music to all ears. The 2008 Saab Convertible Yellow Edition has a MSRP of $42,830, including destination charges.

Top Safety Pick

Saab pioneered the concept of a 'four season, four-seater' soft top with the launch of the first Saab Convertible in 1986, which was initially exclusively sold in the United States and immediately created a cult following. Now in its third-generation, the Saab Convertible leverages more than two decades of experience in designing an open-top car that is as practical as it is stylish and safe.

The current Saab 9-3 Convertible has a level of structural integrity, build quality and running refinement that places it at the very top of its class. Like the 9-3 Sport Sedan and SportCombi, the Saab 9-3 Convertible was named a “2008 Top Safety Pick” by the U.S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, following its first-ever crash tests for open cars last year.

The Convertible’ DynaCage system helps provide rollover protection with pop-up rear roll bars, strengthened A-pillars and sills, and automatic seat-belt pre-tensioning. Saab Active Head Restraints (SAHR) are fitted to the front seats as standard to help counter the risk of neck injury in rear-end impacts.

Innovative product features further develop the Saab concept that an open-top car should be ‘more than a Convertible’ by offering effective transport all the year round. Saab ‘ReAxs’, a unique rear wheel steer characteristic in the kinematics of the suspension, contributes to the responsive chassis dynamics, as does the reinforcement of the front, rear and side structures to compensate for the absence of a fixed roof.

On the road, the Convertible delivers all the fun-to-drive qualities of the widely-acclaimed 9-3 Sport Sedan chassis. The all-turbo powertrain line-up is led by a 2.8-liter V6 rated at 255 hp in the Aero model, while the 210 hp 2.0-liter four cylinder shines with great fuel economy.

Scandinavian design
    Scandinavian design ensures the styling is clean and flowing. This is an open-top car that looks like a unique model in its own right, free from any awkward styling compromises – regardless whether the top is down, or up.

The hydraulically-powered, triple layer roof automatically latches to the windshield header and deploys just 20 seconds, making it among the fastest in its class. The innovative CargoSET function connects the roof operation to a flexible, ‘concertina’ storage well in the trunk. When the roof is up, the well automatically retracts, releasing useful stowage space.

The interior shares the cockpit feel and driver-focused themes of the Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan and SportCombi. Particular emphasis was placed on styling that integrates the rear passenger area, including a light colored, near seamless headlining that gives a fixed-head interior ambience. A U-shaped, Surround Trim extends from the base of A-pillars along the top of the doors, rear side trims and tonneau cover, further integrating the interior and exterior.

For ease of use and convenient rear access, the Saab Convertible front seats have an extended travel and integrated seat-belts, which eliminates the need for attachment to the B-pillar. Other interior features include profiler personalization of cabin functions as well as Night Panel ‘need to know’ instrument illumination.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

So...it's just a regular 9-3 convertible. Painted yellow. I mustn't be functioning properly because I can't see the rarity.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

It also has an Aero aerodynamic package...

I still think convertibles are more for females, unless it's something truly exotic, like a LP640 roadster, or something truly vulgar/ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    I still think convertibles are more for females, unless it's something truly exotic, like a LP640 roadster, or something truly vulgar/ugly.
    i don't like convertibles, or at least i don't understand the pleasure of the open air driving, but i think such sentences as "convertibles are more for female" are silly. as if only a woman could buy such a car just to show off herself...because there isn't a man who would do that, right?! it's true that a lot of people (ladies and gentlemen) buy roadsters/convertibles/cabriolets just to be sure people on the side of the street can see them and maybe recognize them. but some other buy this kind of car because of the quoted pleasure of driving with the sky as the roof, with the noise of the wind and maybe of the engine. it's a different attitude to the driving experience.
    i have to admit i never drove such a car, but except from some particular example (exotics, or even the alfa spider), i am not attracted by them. i even don't enjoy particularly to drive with the panoramic sunroof opened, and i can do it since my father has one.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information