Thread: Mullin Automotive Museum visit with 80-shot gallery ...

Mullin Automotive Museum visit with 80-shot gallery ...

At the start of our visit to California in August, we stopped by the recently opened Mullin Automotive Museum in Oxnard. Housed in an environmentally friendly building, the museum boasts the extensive collection created by Peter Mullin over the last decades. Focusing on French cars of the 1920s and 1930s, it includes spectacular examples of the likes of Bugatti, Voisin, Delage, Delahaye and Talbot Lago. Among the best known cars on display are the ex-Peter Williamson Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic and the Bugatti retrieved from the bottom of the Lago Maggiore some years ago. In addition to cars, the museum also has displays of contemporary paintings, furniture and sculptures. During our visit, there was no specific theme-based display but from early next year there will be special tribute to Bugatti, which will include one of the very rare Type 41 Royales.
    Among the cars featured in our 80-shot gallery are a Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic Coupe, Delage D6 3L Grand Prix, Hispano Suiza H6B Labourdette Skiff, Bugatti Type 57 C Gangloff Aravis, Delahaye 145 Chapron Coupe and Talbot Lago T150C SS Figoni & Falaschi Teardrop Coupe.

Enjoy the links:

Mullin Automotive Museum - Ultimatecarpage.com - Powered by knowledge, driven by passion

1936 - 1938 Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

1946 Delage D6-3L Grand Prix - Images, Specifications and Information

1922 - 1932 Hispano Suiza H6B Labourdette Skiff - Images, Specifications and Information

1937 - 1940 Bugatti Type 57 C Gangloff Aravis Cabriolet - Images, Specifications and Information

1937 Delahaye 145 Chapron Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

1937 - 1939 Talbot Lago T150C SS Figoni - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 MINI John Cooper Works Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The Mullin is fantastic! I went last year and was quite impressed. The only part I wasn't a huge fan of was the modern Bugatti room upstairs.

It's one of the few museums that I don't feel like there's an odd disconnect between the cars as-displayed and the cars as they were meant to be; as static sculptures they are probably just as successful, if not moreso, than they are as dynamic driving automobiles.

That said, I would very much have liked to see and hear them running.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information