Thread: Fastest Cayman and Boxster yet and S 63 AMG Coupe ...

Fastest Cayman and Boxster yet and S 63 AMG Coupe ...

Porsche have today released the most potent evolution of the mid-engined Cayman and Boxster yet. Compared to the S versions of the cars, the new GTS has an additional 15 hp, lifting the power to 340 hp and 330 hp respectively. Both the Cayman GTS and the Boxster GTS are available with a seven-speed, dual clutch automatic or a conventional six-speed gearbox. The purists need to take note that the former will provide quicker acceleration figures. The two GTS models are available for order with immediate effect and should arrive in showrooms within the next two months.
    Courtesy of a 576 bhp V8 engine, the much larger Mercedes-Benz S 63 AMG announced today, will beat the aforementioned Porsches, at least in a straight line. It should also be considerably faster than the CL 63 AMG it replaces as it is 40 bhp more powerful and 63 kg lighter. The tarmac shredding S 63 AMG Coupe is set to make its world debut at next month's New York Auto Show.

Enjoy the links:

2014 Mercedes-Benz S 63 AMG Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Porsche Boxster GTS - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Porsche Cayman GTS - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I read that Porsche is the most profitable car company... In The World.
    The make an average of $23,000 on each Porch they sell. That is pretty ludicrous, but Porschefiles do seem to be among the most monomaniacal of car fans, and it does seem to be working for Porsche.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I read that Porsche is the most profitable car company... In The World.
    The make an average of $23,000 on each Porch they sell. That is pretty ludicrous, but Porschefiles do seem to be among the most monomaniacal of car fans, and it does seem to be working for Porsche.
    And I'm okay with that, especially since they basically make high end sports cars that could be relatively affordable, especially if you buy used.

Want a mid engined coupe? Get a Cayman.

Want a mid engined roadster? Get a Boxster.

Honestly, the Boxster/Cayman is probably one of the cheapest mid engine car you could buy new right now, other than kit cars.

What else is mid engined? Lamborghini and Ferrari make them, but you sure as hell are not getting one for under $100,000 if you buy new.

Oh and maybe Lotus (Loti?), but I thought the Elise wasn't going to be sold after a while? The Evora is a good bit more expensive.

You can also buy the Alfa Romeo 4C, the Lotus Elise (which is still being produced) and the PGO Hemera/Cevennes.

Nothing wrong with choosing a Porsche, though. It's like shopping for a family hatchback and getting a Golf.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The most common and popular choice may well be the best. Choosing an inferior car just because it is different is moronic.

As I said, nothing wrong with choosing a Boxster or a Cayman. Even I would consider them.

But with something as subjective and as passionate as a sportscar it is difficult to be categorical about what is best.

I for instance rather fancy a Hemi Challenger, even if mostly it is a rubbish car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information