Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Charger SRT8 ?

Dodge Charger SRT8 ?

Do you like this car and price

http://best-super-cars.blogspot.com/...rger-srt8.html

Dodge Charger SRT8 flaunts class in every respect. Attention to even minute details has been paid in the designing of this car. From the premium soft touch materials on the interior to the aerodynamic style and scalloped doors to the hood, this car is unique in every aspect. It has V8 engine, 470 hp and 470 lb-ft torque. It is also fuel efficient and available in a wide range of colors from dull gray to flashy red and classic blue: you can take your pick.

I like this car. But not because of the premium soft touch materials on the interior or the aerodynamic style and scalloped doors to the hood. Even being fuel efficient and available in a wide range of colors is irrelevant.

None of this matters.

Because all that matters is the 392 cubic inch monster under the bonnet.

Also, does anyone else think that having a Stage 3 Scat Pack R/T Hemi Mopar is cooler than having a full on SRT8?

Dodge Scat Pack for 5.7L Hemi V8 detailed, priced - Autoblog
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

Also, does anyone else think that having a Stage 3 Scat Pack R/T Hemi Mopar is cooler than having a full on SRT8?
    For the Challenger: Hell yeah!
    For the Charger: I liked all the higher performance models in pre-facelift form. It was blocky and just looked like a muscle car. The new one actually has some really nice styling features and looks perfectly elegant in R/T form. I'm not a fan of the hood scoops and whatnot that come on the performance models of the current design

Dodge Charger | Best super cars

I can only say that this is one of the most preferred cars I've had, and the blue color is better than that, but that's my personal choice

Best super cars (worldsupercars9) on Twitter
    Last edited by yapan; 04-08-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    For the Challenger: Hell yeah!
    For the Charger: I liked all the higher performance models in pre-facelift form. It was blocky and just looked like a muscle car. The new one actually has some really nice styling features and looks perfectly elegant in R/T form. I'm not a fan of the hood scoops and whatnot that come on the performance models of the current design
    I'd also go for the Challenger, a four door muscle car seems just wrong.

I like this old school camshaft and valve tuning. They should give the option to convert the car to run on two big Holley carbs and call it a day. The rest of the car is pretty agricultural anyway...

Now that the Camaro is ugly and the Mustang European (why have they made the new Mustang so un-American?) the Challenger is the only proper muscle car left.
    Visca Catalunya!

Camaro is just ugly muscular car, but still has its fans and its Camaro | Best super cars

OR

Now that the Camaro is ugly and the Mustang European (why have they made the new Mustang so un-American?) the Challenger is the only proper muscle car left.
    I'm indifferent about the Camaro, it doesn't make me say ooo or ew but i'd say it still has a bit of muscle car left with the Z28. And i think the deal with Ford is that since they went back and did the whole retro look thing, they wanted to do a complete 180 and go the futuristic route.

I like the Z28's engine, but I don't understand the focus with track action. Surely seing the two tone elephant in the middle of the small front wheel drive mosquitos would've been curious.

There are three things a muscle car should do: burn rubber, burn fuel and burn ear drums. And on top of that it has to look good. If it doesn't do any of that it's not a proper muscle car.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like the Z28's engine, but I don't understand the focus with track action. Surely seing the two tone elephant in the middle of the small front wheel drive mosquitos would've been curious.

There are three things a muscle car should do: burn rubber, burn fuel and burn ear drums. And on top of that it has to look good. If it doesn't do any of that it's not a proper muscle car.
    Ok, but once again, THIS IS NOT A MUSCLE CAR. This is like a throwback to the Trans-Am original racing Z/28. From that paradigm, it makes sense. Still, it doesn't make sense.

Imagine an absolutely insane street legal send-off to the LS7 in the shiny new C7 to complement this. That would have been awesome.

A little late to the party, but anyway..

That Z/28 still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I understand why they built it, but I don't agree with the pricing. The weight reduction result is a joke, too. You have to be a hardcore Camaro fanboy to get that over an LS7 Vette.

As for the Charger, no; the current AMG lineup is an altogether better option if you want muscle. The Challengers and Chargers of today are nice, American cars to drive feom coast to coast, but thrilling they be not.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    As for the Charger, no; the current AMG lineup is an altogether better option if you want muscle. The Challengers and Chargers of today are nice, American cars to drive feom coast to coast, but thrilling they be not.
    Aren't AMGs slightly more expensive than Dodges?
    Visca Catalunya!

Aren't AMGs slightly more expensive than Dodges?
    Very good and valid point. My argument was that one was a muscle car, and the other wasn't. That said, you can find a used, 1-2 year old C63 for less than sticker on a Charger SRT. I know, I know, new vs. used..

I'm primarily just disenchanted with the Dodge cars. Even the Viper doesn't do much for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the C63 as much as anybody else, but it is a car on a different budget (not only in terms of purchase price) and a different type of customer.

Nevertheless, American muscle is very rare here, so you have to rely essentially on pictures, specs and little else. Yes, the Camaro is officially imported here, but it's rarer than an unicorn and I presume that when the next gen Mustang arrives it'll suffer the same fate.

So here, from my chair, I still prefer the Challenger.
    Last edited by Ferrer; 04-21-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's perfectly reasonable and logical. Don't get me wrong, I like American muscle -- there are three vettes and a mustang in my garages for a couple of reasons -- but the current Mopar offerings are just not up to scratch. If anything, they seem like watered down memories of the golden years of long ago.

AosertVity Guest

polo ralph lauren shoes toronto solde femme

http://www.sp-saran.fr Serve le Paléospace, united nations nouv bâtiment the été construit on are generally frange du Marais signifiant Villers-sur-Mer (Calvados, Basse-Normandie), véritable poumon vert del Côte Fleurie ainsi que espace classé Location Naturelle d'Intérêt Ecologique Faunistique et Floristique. http://www.parazytes.fr La ne femme lequel se trouve rrtre devant moi and rien perdu delaware youngster caractère rebelle puis batailleur. Po a new discover compete delaware Nasiiyya (sd), ne ONG ocae dénombe ps de 1 1 hundred mots. http://www.nbc-france.fr J'ai fais massachusetts 2è écho mercredi et ce gynéco n'a pas vu ce calleux. Pet- election chief cook a-t-i n fait d'ates victimes ensuite est-i chemical conn po ? http://www.elimousin.fr Faire trempète 16 minnesota,3 fois level semaine3°)aprés le shampoing,mettez du vinaigre sur la de rinçage,c'est contre the calcaire ensuite ça retarde l'apparition plusieurs pellicules. Fo femaes, maket whee Pada devient affodabe s'avrrre rrtre bizarre bonne decided on ainsi que te ae Stoes beaucoup avaiabe qui ont collaboré delaware avec la grande majoritrr des designes signifiant sac à main haut dans the marché p consommation à Google initial sacs à pices Discont quand consideing rester compétitif, donc cest us gagnant-gagnant fo femmes n't ove ce WOD comme ils ae maintenant capabe pour obtenir ces sacs quils ont rangements voulaient fo un faction del chage. http://www.ltprestige.fr D'autres scientifiques américains ze sont concentrés, eux, sur rare area particulière du cerv, impliquée dans l . a . régulation nufactured l'impulsivité. La présence du président palestinien s'avrrre rrtre d'une importance capitale serve l'avenir des négociations avec l'Etat hébreu avec des fits à donner au «projet de paix avec Israël» proposé lors du sommet de Beyrouth en 2009 ensuite réactivé level les ministres arabes des Affaires étrangères put remplacer chicago undertaking p paix jordanienne.

Thread Information