Thread: 2014 Monaco Historic Grand Prix report and 270-shot gallery ...

2014 Monaco Historic Grand Prix report and 270-shot gallery ...

Two weeks before this year's Formula 1 race, the streets of Monaco once again hosted the biennial Historic Grand Prix. First held in 1997, the event celebrates the very rich history of this very unique race. Spread over seven grids, this year's edition included cars ranging from late 1920s Bugattis to the Cosworth DFV-engined Formula 1 cars of the 1970s. Among the many interesting machines were the flat-12 engined Ferrari 1512 F1 and Brabham BT45, a beautifully preserved ex-works Bugatti Type 35C and the ex-Jimmy Clark, seven-Grand Prix winning Lotus 25 Climax. Most of these were raced at the very limit on the unforgiving circuit, making for quite a spectacle. In addition to the on-track action, Monaco was also the scene of a very successfully RM Auctions sale. Headlined by a EUR 5.7 million Ferrari 275 GTB/C, the sale total was a record breaking EUR 41.3 million.
    Our reporters were in Monaco throughout the weekend and have returned with a comprehensive report, illustrated by a class-by-class 270-shot gallery.

Enjoy the links:

2014 Monaco Historic Grand Prix - Report and Slideshow
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Somehow, I managed to catch Monaco's Historic Grand Prix on telly and all I managed to see was yellow Renaults circulating at a snail's pace and a myriad of old cars breaking down before, during and after races.

Then I fell asleep.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Somehow, I managed to catch Monaco's Historic Grand Prix on telly and all I managed to see was yellow Renaults circulating at a snail's pace and a myriad of old cars breaking down before, during and after races.

Then I fell asleep.
    Never realised that siestas in Spain now last for the best part of the day, but it does explain quite a few things.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Never realised that siestas in Spain now last for the best part of the day, but it does explain quite a few things.
    And this is just the tip of the iceberg really!

The Cycling Grand Tour season is about to start, which is siesta-fan nirvana!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information