Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the 2015 F-Type R Coupe the best ever?

I have a much greater appreciation for how little I care about the numbers of all "stuff" when it comes to cars.

Sadly, I'm at the stage of my life where I'd prefer not owning one at all. There is no where fun to drive anywhere near here and I'd really rather live and work downtown.

I drive a boring car all day every day for my temporary living. I would actually enjoy the various onramps and offramps were I able to drive a funish car for work but I can't, and most of the time I drive outside of work there is either tons of traffic or I'm just going to meet my friends.

The force is becoming weak in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I have a much greater appreciation for how little I care about the numbers of all "stuff" when it comes to cars.

Sadly, I'm at the stage of my life where I'd prefer not owning one at all. There is no where fun to drive anywhere near here and I'd really rather live and work downtown.

I drive a boring car all day every day for my temporary living. I would actually enjoy the various onramps and offramps were I able to drive a funish car for work but I can't, and most of the time I drive outside of work there is either tons of traffic or I'm just going to meet my friends.

The force is becoming weak in this one.
    Time to pick up a car hobby? I was autoXing in Toronto on Saturday...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10410...36987600411873

Well technically Brampton...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Meh. I've never done it but I don't think it's my thing.

I also don't have enough cash to have a car for something like this, let alone a legit track car I'd use a handful of times a year.

When I move out, I don't want to own a car. I'd prefer living in a place where I didn't need one, and where socialization outside of work hours was easier due to proximity with friends, and public transit.

There's nothing to do in the suburbs anyways except become a boring old man with a family anyways.

Pfft...too effing young to be making excuses...I see even more "normal" car at the Toronto event than I do down here. If someone can be doing something like that in a Mercedes B250 or a Honda Civic or a Jetta TDI, you don't need a "car for something like that".

I'd like to live in a place where commuting does not need a car(that is not Toronto except dead smack downtown), but that just mean a car will just be for enjoyment be it as on trips or actually enjoying driving. Driving because its required is not fun at all...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Driving because its required is not fun at all...
    Troof.
    Jalopnik ran a suprisingly-insughtful piece a while back where they argued that commuter culture is antithesis to car culture.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I'd like to live in a place where commuting does not need a car(that is not Toronto except dead smack downtown), but that just mean a car will just be for enjoyment be it as on trips or actually enjoying driving. Driving because its required is not fun at all...
    This is my current situation. It's good because you can buy pretty much anything you want since you have (almost) no constraints at all.

Nevertheless, I'm of the opinion that if you like driving, even when then conditions are bad you should still strive for excellentness, because you never know when you'll have the opportunity to enjoy your drive/car even in the most unlikely circumstances.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Back to the Jag: in the words of Matt Farah, while testing a supercharged convertible one of these, "the 911 is the obvious choice...so while you're out enjoying track day, I'll be at your house f**king your wife."

He likes this car.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Somebody give me admin privileges to take care of ^^ this...

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Back to the Jag: in the words of Matt Farah, while testing a supercharged convertible one of these, "the 911 is the obvious choice...so while you're out enjoying track day, I'll be at your house f**king your wife."

He likes this car.
    Just about the kind of classy content to come out of someone like Matt Farah...

not a fan...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Somebody give me admin privileges to take care of ^^ this...
    we have done it for you.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Just about the kind of classy content to come out of someone like Matt Farah...

not a fan...
    blessed are the ignorants like me who do not have the slightest idea who this guy is.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

He was especially base in that video, a good indicator of how excited he was about the car.

He is crass for sure, but I can't doubt his knowledge or dedication. He is also a rarity in motordom: he is fair.

Thread Information