Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 6 Hours of the Glen

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954

    6 Hours of the Glen

    Noticed the picture of the day was the Viper in it's new livery for the second time so, since i went to the 6 hour race at Watkins Glen, i'll post some of the pictures i took while i was there. The quality is terrible but it's better than nothing!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954
    Post #3
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,649
    Really cool! I'd love to go to one of these races.

    The Viper is one of the prettiest new cars, I just wish they were able to sell more of them.

    Shame, it really is the most affordable V10 sports car.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,320
    Well, it's almost the only sportscar (car?) with a V10 currently on sale.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,649
    How about the Audi R8 V10 Plus or the Lamborghini Huracan?

    Both are not cheap. And I guess if you want a V10 now, get a Ford E series van.

    Ford E-Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I wonder if Mr. Shelby would object if you stuck that in a Cobra...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Really cool! I'd love to go to one of these races.
    It's the first one I've been to since Sebring in 2005 and I highly recommend it. You can go anywhere around the track and through the infield, the garage/haulers aren't even off limits. The first time the Ganassi car wrecked, we made our way back to their hauler and watched them repair it, Scott Pruett and Sage Karam literally brushed my shoulder as they walked past.

    The sound is also phenomenal. Believe it or not, the Porsche GT Americas were the loudest cars out there. They were ear piercing as well as the Aston V12. The Corvette DPs were also impressive, they were loud and you could feel them in your chest when they went by.

    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

    I wonder if Mr. Shelby would object if you stuck that in a Cobra...
    Re-enforce the chassis and drivetrain for the weight and torque and I bet he'd give it a shot!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,320
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    How about the Audi R8 V10 Plus or the Lamborghini Huracan?

    Both are not cheap. And I guess if you want a V10 now, get a Ford E series van.

    Ford E-Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I wonder if Mr. Shelby would object if you stuck that in a Cobra...
    Oh certainly there's the Lamborgaudi, but nothing else AFAIK.

    Hasn't the E-Series been discontinued already and replaced by the Transit?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    └A & Connecticlump
    Posts
    5,240
    Sadly, yes to normal people, anyways. I believe commercial versions are still sold. It was the only V10 vehicle I lusted after.

    EDIT: This E-Series chassis w/ V10 looks fun:
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 07-17-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    It's the first one I've been to since Sebring in 2005 and I highly recommend it. You can go anywhere around the track and through the infield, the garage/haulers aren't even off limits. The first time the Ganassi car wrecked, we made our way back to their hauler and watched them repair it, Scott Pruett and Sage Karam literally brushed my shoulder as they walked past.

    The sound is also phenomenal. Believe it or not, the Porsche GT Americas were the loudest cars out there. They were ear piercing as well as the Aston V12. The Corvette DPs were also impressive, they were loud and you could feel them in your chest when they went by.



    Re-enforce the chassis and drivetrain for the weight and torque and I bet he'd give it a shot!
    I find most of the cars far too quiet. TBH, the sound most make isn't even that nice. I also really want to smell high octane gasoline, not methanol.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,536
    A V10 petrol commercial van.. only in America.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I find most of the cars far too quiet. TBH, the sound most make isn't even that nice. I also really want to smell high octane gasoline, not methanol.
    I think there's a good balance between loud cars and quieter cars, with that many cars on track and for a longer race like that, it's nice to give your ears a break (i didn't take ear plugs) for a couple seconds or so. And I agree with the smell, vintage races are your best route when you want to smell raw power. With the new cars, you get to smell mostly hot rubber.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordie View Post
    That viper is very nice. Also nice to see an Audi as well. Those German cars are pretty damn quick. Thanks for the pics.
    You realize you're responding to posts from 2 years ago.....

    Here you go...a bit more recent...last week testing at Sebring for next week's 12 hours....
    Last edited by jimclark; 03-09-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

    jimclark

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans (June 22 - 23)
    By Wouter Melissen in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
  2. 2012 Le Mans Classic
    By Wouter Melissen in forum Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM
  3. 2008 24 Hours of Le Mans Official Thread
    By Wouter Melissen in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 12:11 AM
  4. 61st Total 24 Hours of Spa - live video
    By togos452 in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 03:19 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •