Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: C6 ZO6 Rumors!!

I think they'll differentiate the two somehow. The current Z06 is built using the hardtop model, which I think looks far more intimidating than the coupe in profile. It may be something like that but it could be as much as a wide bodykit(I've heard rumors of this). The best thing we can do is just see which rumors we hear the most and maybe give them slightly more credit than the others and wait until the new car arrives.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

what do you mean the look of the hardtop is more intemadating than the coupe? the coupe is the hard top, i have heard the Z06 is based on the convertable body style and has the same steep sloping rear roof as the convertable top not like the deep sloping bubble roof of the coupe, personaly i like the look of the coupe but the move to the shallower rear windo is understandable to save weight
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    what do you mean the look of the hardtop is more intemadating than the coupe? the coupe is the hard top, i have heard the Z06 is based on the convertable body style and has the same steep sloping rear roof as the convertable top not like the deep sloping bubble roof of the coupe, personaly i like the look of the coupe but the move to the shallower rear windo is understandable to save weight

There are three Corvette models on the market today(well, for the next 7 days). They are the Convertable (we all know what this is) the coupe(can be had with either a body color removable roof panel or glass one, also has mildly sloping rear window), and the hardtop(fixed roof with steep sloping rear. When the C5 came to market in 1997 it was initially offered in coupe form, then followed by conv. later in 97 and in 99 the hard top option became available.

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

i stand corrected then, i guess thats what i get for questioning mr. vette himself

i was under the impression that the convertable and coupe were the only standard models offered, and the steep sloping rear roof was reserved for the Z06's
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

I was at the Chevy dealership the other day and the salesman (I know, salesman talk) said the Z06 would be 535 horsepower and weigh less than the current Z06. To this i told him they should hand out court dates to all the buyers for the tickets they're going to get.
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

Quote Originally Posted by sutton4481
    I was at the Chevy dealership the other day and the salesman (I know, salesman talk) said the Z06 would be 535 horsepower and weigh less than the current Z06. To this i told him they should hand out court dates to all the buyers for the tickets they're going to get.
    sometimes i wonder...if the c6 zo6 came out with over 500 hp, and a price of around maybe 65-70 thousand, wouldnt it put the viper almost out of business? because they'd be selling a 500 hp car for like 85 thousand

Well, I'm not sure about the C6 Z06 but GM anounced these figures today at a Chevrolet IDL Broadcast:

0-60=3.9 Seconds

1/4 mile=12.6@115

and a top speed of 186mph.

In theory you could order this car with a 6-speed and the Z51 suspension option and beat a current Z06 for less. Man, ya gotta love that, now let's just see if GM is being truthful.

The VIper's time on the American muscle car throne is near up.THe new corvette, even not the ZO6, is cheaper, more efficant, and more b/$. The ZO6 is just going to put it out quicker.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

The C6 has to have the best Corvette specs ever, right?

405 HP
    400 ft-lb torque
    0-60 in 4.1 seconds
    1/4 mile in 12.5

Well, imaggine the Z06! that thing is going to kill all! Imagine the people that roll around (not many) in expensive Porshce, Lambo's, Ferrari's, etc. They will all be getting smoked or at least get a good fight out of a Z06. I can't believe the stock Vetter hits 186! God.... Imagine the Z06! And then if Chevy comes through with the "Blue Devil". The Blue DEvil that was all but confirmed before has been confirmed by a Chevy dealer; he says it will have in the range of 600hp, an AL frame, and carbon fiber body panels and cost around 100k. With only 500 produced this sounds a lot like that Super V we were hearing about, hmmm...maybe that's what this was setting us up for, the both of them to be produced! It sounds like their's also gonna be some mighty good deals on the C5 pretty soon. Click on this link for added details:

http://z06vette.com/forums/showthrea...2&page=8&pp=15

I think this gen. of Vette's is going to be the best bang for your buck ever. Can't wait to see Vettes smoking the ricers/euros!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    Well, I'm not sure about the C6 Z06 but GM anounced these figures today at a Chevrolet IDL Broadcast:

0-60=3.9 Seconds

1/4 mile=12.6@115

and a top speed of 186mph.

In theory you could order this car with a 6-speed and the Z51 suspension option and beat a current Z06 for less. Man, ya gotta love that, now let's just see if GM is being truthful.
    I think they are doing some number reductions. A lot of ppl have agreed with me and I think they will actually have 415 HP, but Chevy is saying 400 to keep insurance costs down and get people to buy remaining C5's in dealers. Well, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ 21
    The C6 has to have the best Corvette specs ever, right?

405 HP
    400 ft-lb torque
    0-60 in 4.1 seconds
    1/4 mile in 12.5
    Actually the C6 has 400hp(underrated) and does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, and the quarter in around 12.5 seconds.

Mr vette i was just in bowling green at the muesem and plant.... couldnt stop smiling
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by kko
    Mr vette i was just in bowling green at the muesem and plant.... couldnt stop smiling
    I know the feeling exactly. It's really enjoyable to go there during one of their big car shows when there are hundreds of Vettes from all generations. Do they still have the Laguna Blue C6 with the Beige top inside?

afraid i dont remember seeing that
    and its not in my pictures

O well, seeing the corvette being made (no c5-zo6 no more) was worth the 400 miles of driving
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by kko
    afraid i dont remember seeing that
    and its not in my pictures

O well, seeing the corvette being made (no c5-zo6 no more) was worth the 400 miles of driving
    I know, and seeing them dyno a car right off the assembly line is enjoyble as well. Yeah, no longer is there a C5 Z06 in production, it died on June 18, 2004. Fittingly enough it was a comemorative edition Z06 with the carbon fiber hood, and is to be won by raffle at the museum.

Thread Information