Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oh no...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Did you know that the Giulietta has two different engine service sensors?

Well I just discovered it today, when a couple of weeks after its first service, the oil light came on. I rushed to the main dealer, worrying that the engine was just going to explode.

Apparently the only problem was that while the engine-service sensor in the oil line had been reset, the one on the dashboard hadn't and hence it came on.

Italian car idiosyncrasies, I guess.
    Don't want to sound smug, but I actually did know that. And your dealer should have known better.

It is pretty common these days that ECU keeps track of two different values: scheduled service deadline and engine oil deterioration. Both need resetting, if the oil is changed during regular service.

But the fact that Alfa uses the same warning light for low oil pressure and contaminated oil... I guess this can only be called Italian humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    How has the car been treating you?
    Not bad.

I've had my fair share of little niggles (Italian character I guess), servicing it is expensive and I still hate the gearbox.

But other than that it's been good to me. The best thing by far is the handling/comfort balance (almost) top of the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Don't want to sound smug, but I actually did know that. And your dealer should have known better.

It is pretty common these days that ECU keeps track of two different values: scheduled service deadline and engine oil deterioration. Both need resetting, if the oil is changed during regular service.

But the fact that Alfa uses the same warning light for low oil pressure and contaminated oil... I guess this can only be called Italian humor.
    Very good!

I found it strange too, as if you were resetting one why not reset the other too?

To be honest, I've been very unlucky with the official Alfa Romeo dealers I've visited because it's not the first time that I've had problems with them...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Tell me about it.

After sale service has been horrible experience for me. I would say Alfa Romeo itself is a bigger problem than my dealer.

But then they launch Giulia, which is oh so tempting...

I am exactly on the same page.

Everything that happens to me in/from/on/due to/whatever the car drives me a little bit further away from Alfa Romeo.

But it's impossible to not want a Giulia.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm starting to think that all those Italian unreliability myths are not that unfounded, after all...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

That's a aerodynamic enhancer man. It's active aero.

I guess that's why it suddenly dropped to 31mpg (7,53l/100km) in this tank. That's Italian's idea of active aerodynamics...
    Visca Catalunya!

It's an Italian beauty it's starting to undress it self. Although I wouldn't call it seductively

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    It's an Italian beauty it's starting to undress it self. Although I wouldn't call it seductively
    You could call it a strip tease. Or you could call it "shaking itself to bits" or "self disintegration". At least it's better than "self immolation" that it's more expensive siblings practice on a semi-daily basis.

That's ok, our 2001 Subaru Forester likes to eat its rear wheel bearings for some odd reason.

Well apparently it may not be the car's fault.

I took it to a main dealer today where the mechanic explained me it's not the first case he has had; it turns out some son of a bitch is cutting out the windscreen rubber beading with a cutter for some reason.

That means, most probably, it won't be covered by warranty.

Visca Catalunya!

Oh man, that's the worst, sorry to hear that man.

Vandalism is the worst, our Accord had its side mirror smashed twice already. Hope that guy gets his due. It's worse for the Accord, as parts are hard to come by now.

People don't have manners these days. You don't mess with a dude's wife or his car.

Thread Information